• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Wow, that's quite the spread distance-wise.

I have a car. :D

I will gladly drive to deal with a good shop. Driving past other shops that provide marginal service or are otherwise not worthy of my money.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Dang, me likey. Just don't have the $$ now. How likely are you to get more of these or similar Colts (say Gold Cups) over the next six months?

Most Colt pistols are in good supply at distributors right now. I can order most anything you want; turnaround time is about a week.

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    Springfield Range Officer

OP...consider the Springfield Range Officer. At the $800 price point, they're extremely hard to beat (accuracy, reliability, fit/finish, BoMar style adj sights). I compete with one in NRA & CMP matches and so do 4 of my team mates. Have seen/shot 7 different RO's and every one could hold the 10 ring (3.3") at 50 yards from a Ransom Rest (10 rounds). Most were closer to 2" groups in same circumstances.

Where to buy? Can't help with local shops but shouldn't be hard to find one with a Range Officer in stock.

More money will get you more gun but the performance of every RO I've seen makes it a great value.

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I have purchased several 1911s from Baltimore's best pawn. Good prices and service. For 1200 look at Dan Wesson. Easily the best 1911 for the money.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Couple of months ago I was in the same position as the OP. Stopped by Baltimore's Best Pawn and casually asked Dan about a 1911. After a few questions and answers, he showed me a Springfield TRP. Couldn't be happier! Thanks again, Dan!:thumbsup:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Couple of months ago I was in the same position as the OP. Stopped by Baltimore's Best Pawn and casually asked Dan about a 1911. After a few questions and answers, he showed me a Springfield TRP. Couldn't be happier! Thanks again, Dan!:thumbsup:

I saw all the 1911s at BBP and I was all :drool:

However the purpose of my visit was to drop a bunch of cash for 2 suppressors, so the 1911 will have to wait. :D

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Thanks guys! Lot's to choose from and lot's to order. Springfield is a great option in that price range. We took the plunge recently to become a Colt stocking dealer, so those are good option too. Also STI and Dan Wesson of course, but getting up there.

Dawson9a

Jul 1, 2013
    I'm definitely leaning towards a Colt Rail Gun... Is this something that the local shops can order if they don't have anything in stock? Best online price I've seen is $1003... plus fees....

Btw, I'm located in Eldersburg, Carroll County...

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I'm definitely leaning towards a Colt Rail Gun... Is this something that the local shops can order if they don't have anything in stock? Best online price I've seen is $1003... plus fees....

Btw, I'm located in Eldersburg, Carroll County...

We are in Finksburg so right down the road from you. We can order the Rail gun. Price would be a little more then that, but after shipping and transfer it should be pretty close.

-Dan

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Which one is considered the "Cadillac"?

Colt.

Even when Colt quality control is low, the are still the standard that all others are measured against

Not that there are not a lot of good 1911s out there.

My first choice is typically Colt.

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    crappy-ass phone pic, but this is my SA MC Operator, purchased from BBestPawn. It's at the top of your price range, and it's a fantastic pistol - very smooth. My first 1911 as well, and the only one I'll ever need (or so I keep telling myself).

Attachments

• 2015-12-20 09.33.11.jpg
      2015-12-20 09.33.11.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 143

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads