• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Yesterday while watching a long YouTube video, CSM (Retired) Kyle Lamb (Viking Tactical), mentioned FIREClean and a few others and plainly stated that Rand CLP was much better in his testing. He spoke about his experience and torture testing of lubes in real world environments and emphatically praised Rand CLP.

Anyone use Rand CLP, testify to the same?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Yesterday while watching a long YouTube video, CSM (Retired) Kyle Lamb (Viking Tactical), mentioned FIREClean and a few others and plainly stated that Rand CLP was much better in his testing. He spoke about his experience and torture testing of lubes in real world environments and emphatically praised Rand CLP.

Anyone use Rand CLP, testify to the same?

If you want to slide over one weekend to check out my EA, you are welcome to do so. It has only ever seen FireClean.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks for the offer, I did pickup some FireClean and will try it soon.

Kyle specifically said Rand CLP was better than FireClean, FrogLube, WD40, etc. i know almost nothing about cleaner and lubes but I belive and trust his opinion.

Last edited:

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Quality lube is quality lube. The differences between them is largely theorycrafting - not to say that there aren't tangible differences, just that the differences are so minute that the return would take ages to see/measure. Just my opinion anyway.

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    For some reason I always think engage Armament is giving out free samples when I see it on their counter they come in little packets too

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Whoa.

FIREClean sues over claim that their gun oil is actually snake oil (or literally vegetable oil).

http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/general-opinion/lies-errors-and-omissions/ir-spectra-fireclean-crisco/

1.jpg.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2016-04-02&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

I bought a bottle, but since I don't know the truth, I'm probably just going to hold onto it and see if it becomes a collectable.

Can say this much, after reading a bunch since this issue broke, I actually would not be afraid to use vegetable oil on my guns.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Whoa.

FIREClean sues over claim that their gun oil is actually snake oil (or literally vegetable oil).

http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/general-opinion/lies-errors-and-omissions/ir-spectra-fireclean-crisco/

1.jpg.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2016-04-02&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

I bought a bottle, but since I don't know the truth, I'm probably just going to hold onto it and see if it becomes a collectable.

Can say this much, after reading a bunch since this issue broke, I actually would not be afraid to use vegetable oil on my guns.

In a singsong cadence...

This is my rifle, this is my gun... :innocent0

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    In a singsong cadence...

This is my rifle, this is my gun... :innocent0

That's funny. I get it. But the NRA was recently on a big thing about not calling firearms 'weapons'. I completely understand their reasoning, and have discussed it many times both publicly and privately. But at the end of the day, some firearms intended and sole purpose is to be a weapon; and that's not a bad thing.

One particular NRA instructor*, got so lathered up about students using the word, that when he overheard me discussing privately with a fellow student about lasers being used as weapons (having nothing to do with firearms whatsoever), he stopped the class to make a big issue of it, and insisted I put a dollar in his 'weapon' jar. I ended up putting a few dollars in that jar, its a joke in some circles.

If you have a hunting rifle, or target gun, I agree, not a good idea to call it a weapon, unless it was used as a weapon. But if you have a firearm that is designed and used as a weapon, call it what it is.

Respectfully submitted.

(* in full disclosure I became an NRA instructor, took the classes a couple years ago, just to check that box, and maintain my standing) Much respect to the NRA, notice my tag line - Life Member. Everything we can do to support them, I'm about that.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    One particular NRA instructor*, got so lathered up about students using the word, that when he overheard me discussing privately with a fellow student about lasers being used as weapons (having nothing to do with firearms whatsoever), he stopped the class to make a big issue of it, and insisted I put a dollar in his 'weapon' jar. I ended up putting a few dollars in that jar, its a joke in some circles.

You must have had the same instructor that I had. I said the word "weapon" and he stopped the class and made an issue of it as well.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    That's funny. I get it. But the NRA was recently on a big thing about not calling firearms 'weapons'. I completely understand their reasoning, and have discussed it many times both publicly and privately. But at the end of the day, some firearms intended and sole purpose is to be a weapon; and that's not a bad thing.

If you have a hunting rifle, or target gun, I agree, not a good idea to call it a weapon, unless it was used as a weapon. But if you have a firearm that is designed and used as a weapon, call it what it is.

Respectfully submitted.

(* in full disclosure I became an NRA instructor, took the classes a couple years ago, just to check that box, and maintain my standing) Much respect to the NRA, notice my tag line - Life Member. Everything we can do to support them, I'm about that.

I would tell that instructor to come TAKE a dollar from me and if he does he BETTER have a weapon.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater

Respectfully submitted.

Yep. I had the same experience when I got my NRA Instructor's Certification. We had a 'weapon' jar, too. $1 per violation. The only acceptable pseudonyms were pistol, revolver, handgun, rifle or shotgun. They were also sticklers about cartridges vs. bullets or rounds. That was one full jar at the end of the first day. :D

And I totally agree with your point about the intended use dictating the name we use. My pistol will darn sure become a weapon if the situation ever requires it. My gun, well, um.... :innocent0

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I would tell that instructor to come TAKE a dollar from me and if he does he BETTER have a weapon.

Yep. I had the same experience when I got my NRA Instructor's Certification. We had a 'weapon' jar, too. $1 per violation. The only acceptable pseudonyms were pistol, revolver, handgun, rifle or shotgun. They were also sticklers about cartridges vs. bullets or rounds. That was one full jar at the end of the first day. :D

And I totally agree with your point about the intended use dictating the name we use. My pistol will darn sure become a weapon if the situation ever requires it. My gun, well, um.... :innocent0

Roger that.

Baby steps.

It's all good, all friends here.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Respectfully submitted.

...but my hunting rifles are anti-critter weapons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom