"Firearms Accountability Webinar" email, real or scam???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Earlier this afternoon I received the email below. I did get my C&R license last month, but I'm not expecting or used to seeing emails supposedly from BATF or their affiliates. Felt like spam to me at first glance. Google search turns up nothing helpful. I never inquired about any ATF classes or webinars.

Has anyone else received something like this for real? Or is some Nigerian prince behind it?

----- New Message -----

From: "The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives" <atf@service.govdelivery.com>
    To: BrewDoc_MD
    Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:28 PM
    Subject: Firearms Accountability Webinar Sign Up Instructions

Firearms Accountability Webinar Sign Up Instructions

Greetings,

Some of the licensees who have sent an email requesting information on registering for the "Firearms Accountability" webinar have contacted ATF indicating they have not received instructions for signing into the webinar. In some instances their spam filter has been putting the returned or bounce back e-mail into their spam folder. If you have not received instructions thus far please check your spam folder.

Additionally, a copy of the instructions for signing into the webinar have been provided below.

Thank you.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Webinar Instructions

Thank you for your interest in attending ATF's Webinar titled 'Firearms Accountability.'

This webinar is scheduled for July 20, 2012, at 11 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time and will last approximately 45 minutes.

You can participate in this event by accessing this URL: http://dojatf.adobeconnect.com/accountability/

Please make sure to log on using either your name or the name of your business 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the session. Audio will be delivered via the speakers of your PC/laptop. You will be able to ask questions via the chat feature.

As a reminder, space is limited to the first 300 attendees.

Also, for additional information, please see our firearms industry web page at http://www.atf.gov/firearms/industry/. Information pertaining to Federal firearms laws and regulations may be found at http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/.

Thank you,

ATF Firearms Industry Programs Branch

Update your subscriptions, modify your password or e-mail address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your e-mail address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact support@govdelivery.com.

This service is provided to you at no charge by The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

This email was sent to BrewDoc_MD using GovDelivery, on behalf of: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives · 99 New York Ave NE · Washington, DC 20226 · 800-439-1420

---------------------------------------------------

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    spam...

search "GovDelivery" on Google/Yahoo/etc and see what turns up

yep, one of the first things I did. looks like a real company, tho not a part of the government. could be a contractor though. sketchy. I think it's spam, but odd how no other "shooter" around here has gotten it yet.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Earlier this afternoon I received the email below. I did get my C&R license last month, but I'm not expecting or used to seeing emails supposedly from BATF or their affiliates. Felt like spam to me at first glance. Google search turns up nothing helpful. I never inquired about any ATF classes or webinars.

Has anyone else received something like this for real? Or is some Nigerian prince behind it?

----- New Message -----

From: "The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives" <atf@service.govdelivery.com>
    To: BrewDoc_MD
    Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:28 PM
    Subject: Firearms Accountability Webinar Sign Up Instructions

Firearms Accountability Webinar Sign Up Instructions

Greetings,

Some of the licensees who have sent an email requesting information on registering for the "Firearms Accountability" webinar have contacted ATF indicating they have not received instructions for signing into the webinar. In some instances their spam filter has been putting the returned or bounce back e-mail into their spam folder. If you have not received instructions thus far please check your spam folder.

Additionally, a copy of the instructions for signing into the webinar have been provided below.

Thank you.

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Webinar Instructions

Thank you for your interest in attending ATF's Webinar titled 'Firearms Accountability.'

This webinar is scheduled for July 20, 2012, at 11 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time and will last approximately 45 minutes.

You can participate in this event by accessing this URL: http://dojatf.adobeconnect.com/accountability/

Please make sure to log on using either your name or the name of your business 10 minutes prior to the beginning of the session. Audio will be delivered via the speakers of your PC/laptop. You will be able to ask questions via the chat feature.

As a reminder, space is limited to the first 300 attendees.

Also, for additional information, please see our firearms industry web page at http://www.atf.gov/firearms/industry/. Information pertaining to Federal firearms laws and regulations may be found at http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/.

Thank you,

ATF Firearms Industry Programs Branch

Update your subscriptions, modify your password or e-mail address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your e-mail address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact support@govdelivery.com.

This service is provided to you at no charge by The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

This email was sent to BrewDoc_MD using GovDelivery, on behalf of: The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives · 99 New York Ave NE · Washington, DC 20226 · 800-439-1420

---------------------------------------------------

The part I put in bold has me thinking that it might be sketchy. If the ATF was going to do one of these it wouldn't be at a ".com" domain, it would be hosted off of a ".gov" domain, due to accountability for the information given out. Also the second part I put in bold says that you signed up for something along the way (highly likely) unintentionally. I wouldn't trust this email in any way shape or form until hearing from somebody within the ATF that the information in the email is legit.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Just looked in the room...lots of folks, and what appears to be Gun Shops and ATF HQ as host...

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    In it right now. Seems legit. Appears to be geared towards gun shops. How to report stolen inventory.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom