• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLBoy

Dec 7, 2015
    MoCo
    So looking for a new homeowners insurance policy and the USAA rep asked if I ‘wanted to insure any non standard assets’. I asked what he meant and said ‘gold or silver, watches, coins, firearms and their attachments (but not ammo)’.

I’ve never explicitly insured my firearms before…does anyone do this? Is it worth it? Who do you use?

FWIW I have about 15 total rifles, pistols, shotguns and suppressors.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Some people would say to avoid this because then your insurance company knows what you own, but itnis a common request with expensive collections of "items" be it jewels, electronics, firearms or collectibles. The question is, do you want them covered in the event something happens since most policies have standard limits on stuff like that.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    This company advertises through AR15.com. I don’t know if, or how good they are. I got a quote based off of a monetary value but stopped there and it seemed reasonable. But I don’t know enough about them to say if they are good or not. And I haven’t had time to deep dive through google. But maybe you could.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    So looking for a new homeowners insurance policy and the USAA rep asked if I ‘wanted to insure any non standard assets’. I asked what he meant and said ‘gold or silver, watches, coins, firearms and their attachments (but not ammo)’.
    Such coverage cover loss or theft, depending on the exact language in the policy. (Loss probably includes fire, flood, theft, earthquake, tornado, etc.)

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I have my guns and jewelry (wife's wedding ring) under my homeowners. It is cheap IMO. Covers fire, theft, etc. I am meeting with my agent next week in order to review my coverage so I will check it then to be sure what else may be covered.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    If I remember correctly USAA will put a rider on your homeowners policy to cover firearms. I also think the NRA has a company that issues policies. Mine are covered under my policy with Erie.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I’ve been using collectors insurance for years. Blanket policy, no serial numbers, reasonable pricing. Keep pics of toys and freedom seeds for my records and that’s it.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I just ran a quick quote on Collectible Insurance Services in MD..

$589.57/year per $100k valuation....

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    Progressive covers firearms up to $2500 for each firearm, no limit (besides max personal property I suppose). If you have any worth over $2500 each then you would need a rider to cover full replacement value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom