• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just found this out, thinking of getting my CCW Non residence Virginia license. Looks like I can't use the MSP....

dan

Licensing Division
    1111 Reisterstown Road
    Pikesville, MD 21208

December 20, 2009

TO: APPLICANTS FOR SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE MARYLAND STATE POLICE LICENSING DIVISION
    RE: NEW FINGERPRINT PROCEDURES EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2010
    EFFECTIVE January 1, 2010, The Maryland Department of State Police will no longer accept federal and/or state fingerprint cards from Applicants for Permits, Licenses, Commissions or any other type of certification or identification related to Licensing Division activities and/or responsibilities.
    The Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, the entity that processes both State and Federal fingerprint cards (inked and rolled type), has notified the Maryland State Police that they will only process electronic submissions of fingerprints beginning on January 1, 2010.
    EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2010, ALL FINGERPRINTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY VIA AN APPROVED SITE OR VENDOR. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE USE THE BELOW LINK TO REVIEW THE NEW POLICIES AND PROCEDURES PRESENTED BY THE MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND CORRECTIONAL SERVICES AS WELL AS TO LOCATE THE SITES AVAILABLE FOR ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINTING:
    www.dpscs.maryland.gov/publicservs/fingerprint.shtml
    APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AS SENT TO THE LICENSING DIVISION OR STAMPED AS DELIVERED TO THE LICENSING DIVISION WITHIN 72 HOURS OF FINGERPRINTS BEING ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTED. IF YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT SUBMITTED WITHIN 72 HOURS IT WILL BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: ATTACH THE RECEIPT PROVIDED BY THE FINGERPRINT PROCESSING CENTER TO THE FRONT LEFT UPPER CORNER OF THE FIRST PAGE OF THE APPLICATION WHEN SUBMITTING. Applications received without the receipt may not be processed in a timely manner. Authorization codes for the various requests are available at the fingerprint sites.
    IF YOUR APPLICATION IS RECEIVED BY THE LICENSING DIVISION AND WE DO NOT RECEIVE NOTIFICATION THAT THE FINGERPRINTS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED WITHIN FIVE BUSINESS DAYS, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE RETURNED.
    FEES TO THE LICENSING DIVISION ARE NON REFUNDABLE. FEES PAID TO THE ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINT PROCESSING CENTER DO NOT INCLUDE THOSE FEES OWED TO THE LICENSING DIVISION FOR THE PROCESSING OF THE ACTUAL APPLICATION. PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE CALCULATED YOUR FEES CORRECTLY. CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS SENT TO THE MARYLAND STATE POLICE SHOULD NOT INCLUDE THOSE FOR FINGERPRINTS UNLESS PAPER FINGERPRINT CARDS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED BY OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS.
    One exception to the above procedure exists. If you are an applicant who maintains a primary residence outside of Maryland AND this address is supported by an out of state driver’s license you may continue to submit State and Federal fingerprint cards. All other applicants who submit fingerprint cards will have their application rejected.
    FINGERPRINT FEE CODES
    Below are the codes to be used when having your fingerprints taken for submission to the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services in response to a request for services from the Maryland State Police Licensing Division.

1. Handgun Permit …………………………………………………… 9400082484
    2. Security Guard (Individual) …………………………………….. 9300000802
    3. Private Detective (Individual) …………………………………….. 9400082495
    4. Security Agency/Private Detective Agency (Company)…… 9400082495
    5. Special Police/Railroad Police Commissions ………………… 9400082506
    6. Security Systems Agency/Security Systems Technicians… 9700004860
    7. Regulated Firearms Dealer …………………………………….. 9400082473
    8. Class III ……………………………………………………………. 9400082473

AND this is off the Greenbelt Police Department Web Site.....

FINGERPRINTING At this time, staffing does not allow the Police Department to do citizen fingerprinting. Please contact Maryland State Police at (301)345-3101

cheeezs!

dan

FOUND A PLACE!!!!
    My home town, Centreville, Maryland.

How do I get fingerprinted?

* Go to the Sheriff's Office Monday Thru Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, providing your fingerprint card. There is a fee of $5.00 per card payable to the Office of the Sheriff, Queen Anne's County.

dan

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just use your locals, as noted at the bottom of your post. The AACPD couldn't have been any more efficient in doing mine.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I got mine at the Carroll County Sheriff's office. They were done by a very nice retired gentleman. He could not have been more courteous and professional, carefully examining the resulting prints and making little notations about scars and rough patches. Those prints went through without a problem.

In contrast, the Duty Officer at MSP in Westminster was an obnoxious jerk, and although the technician himself was okay, that set of prints was returned.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I was fingerprinted for my VA CCP yesterday in Ellicott City at the HoCo shop. They informed me that they were no longer going to be able to fingerprint for Maryland permits. I guess this tracks with your message.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    FWIW, a couple years ago I attempted to have MoCo PD fingerprint me for my FL app and they said it had to be done by MSP.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    FWIW, a couple years ago I attempted to have MoCo PD fingerprint me for my FL app and they said it had to be done by MSP.

Yeah...what was strange is that I used this same place for my FL CCP; they almost stopped the fingerprinting until I sais it was for VA, not MD....the FL prints were from a couple of months back.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There are two different questions here. Electronic only for MD uses does not address in any way the providing of service to public who brings their own dead tree cards. Most of these are for non firearms purposes.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Checked my bank statment and my $100 check for the VA CCP was processed today...was mailed 2/2; hoping this means the paperwork was accepted as correct. will keep you advised.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Checked my bank statment and my $100 check for the VA CCP was processed today...was mailed 2/2; hoping this means the paperwork was accepted as correct. will keep you advised.

I'm confused. How does this MD fingerprinting issue affect a VA CCW application?

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Does this impact how a class 3 application is handled? In other words, do I still make a pink fingerprint card for the MSP?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Is the MSP livescan good enough for Florida non res CCW? I know the FLorida site says fingerprints may be submitted electronically.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Is the MSP livescan good enough for Florida non res CCW? I know the FLorida site says fingerprints may be submitted electronically.

I read the instruction booklet and my understanding is that you can only do livescan for FLA CCW if you are getting the livescan in the state of Florida. So you can't get a FLA CCW livescan in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom