• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cummins2003

Jun 4, 2012
    Howard County
    I wanted to share with you all.. I just had a debate with my girlfriend about the gun issues going on in Maryland and across the US. So please take a minute and read this and tell me what you think, comments, questions, etc. The conversation we had included the following.. I feel like the government is slowly but surely trying to take away the american Right To Bear Arms. After talking with my girlfriend i was all fired up and ready to speak my voice to the President, congress and anyone else that wants to take my right or control what gun i own/buy, etc. The laws as you know are getting tighter and tighter with less "loop holes". I feel we all need to fight the american civil right, rights that have been in place for so many generations. It seems to me that the government is trying to taking away so much from the citizens by raising the taxes on the upper class income people, trying to banding weapons, ammo, and its no secret that social security will not be there for my generation of people, why because its probably being used for other "projects". I know alot of this is not spoken right or may not make alot of sense but try to look at the bigger picture and watch as the government tries to take away the rights of the citizens of what i know as the greatest nation in the world! I've heard of laws that O'Malley wants to pass such as increasing ammo prices by 75%, having to ship online ammo orders to an FFL and them recording the amount and type of ammo purchased, regulating how much you can buy in a certain period. And the right for an officer to confiscate your weapon in a situation such as.. For example, lets say you and a buddy are going to have a day at the range. You load your guns up in your vehicle and have a great time at the range and stop to get a bite to eat on the way home. An officer happens to over hear you talking about being at the range so he has probable cause to search you vehicle for a weapon that you are not suppose to have because you must go right to the range and right home (no stopping) so he confiscates you weapons! That's it, you don't get them back. I dont know about you but i have too much invested in guns to let someone take my weapon. Not to mention my rights! I hope this helps you look at things a little different or motivates you to go out and let your voice be heard!

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's a natural right. Fundamental difference. Where I would agree it becomes a civil right is in terms of society deciding if/when to allow a convicted felon who served his time to have his natural right once again recognized.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Two points ...

If this happens in the PRofMD ... and that's a big IF ...

I have a better than gut feel that law enforcement, won't enforce it casually, as in the scenario you pose.

But IF they do, my second point.

Loose lips sink ships ... and also cause your firearms to be seized. Don't stop ANYWHERE, let alone chat loud enough to be overheard. Just like the law reads today. Transport from Point A to Point B. Stopping along the way for more than just gas, a pee, and a Big Gulp at a 7-11 is asking for something bad to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom