• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    This thread is a witch hunt ...

There will be people who like some FFL's and people who do not like those same ones ..

And If you want ot see who supports 2A then ask who is on the dealers association and other independents .

PEopel on here all have thier favorites and dislikes

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    Gunrunners in Frederick have been good to me so far. They are the only one I have ever used (2 separate regulated transfers purchased online), so I don't have the experience with nearly as many as most here. I can say they were polite, gladly answered questions and I felt taken care of as a customer. I will use them again the next time I purchase.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    This thread is a witch hunt ...

There will be people who like some FFL's and people who do not like those same ones ..

And If you want ot see who supports 2A then ask who is on the dealers association and other independents .

PEopel on here all have thier favorites and dislikes

People are going to go by personal experience and how they were treated as a customer and there are places/people lacking in basic manners let alone customer service.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    People are going to go by personal experience and how they were treated as a customer and there are places/people lacking in basic manners let alone customer service.

YEs but like mine its thier opinion .. and I think the biggest issue I have is if someone doesnt feel an FFL kissed thier ass enough or didnt haggle that 6 dollars they will get a bad rep .. Yes its a customers money but its also the FFL's choice to do buisness with that person .

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    All is fair in business, and FFLs are free to respond to comments here, so I am ok with it, though the thread does have the potential to get ugly. Wonder if we can all play like adults?

There is a difference between pissing a guy off because he didn't like your price and pissing a guy off because you were perceived as being rude or unhelpful.

The real gun guys who do more than tire kick know where they are treated best, and hey if you can't turn a tire kicker into a buyer, your sales skills need honing. ;)

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Agreed, I started this thread so that people would know where to go and where not to go. Not based off price per say. Although if a FFL is price gouging, eg a Keltec PF9 for $1000, I think that is relevant as well. But more the experience that the customer has. Like a FFL waiting days to fax paperwork or rudeness on the phone. More over I was hoping to get reports of FFL that had a passion for the business vs the ones that are just doing as a job. If you know what I mean. I would welcome comments for the FFLs as well. Sometimes an explanation is warranted. Albeit I do not condone being snippy or rude to a customer, I believe there as an instance where someone was trashing a local FFL in another thread and that FFL came on and was like actually he harassing my staff and/or being otherwise a poor customer and the FFL told him he didn't want his business and gave his money back. I think i went off on a tangent. All I wanted to day about this was that, In this climate we need to separate the good FFLs from the bad ones. When the wait was 7 days, customer service was less important then it is now at 60+ days. Also I don't really see all the current FFLs surviving with all the new regulations, So I want to drive traffic to the ones that are good and have a passion for the business.

punkinabox

Apr 3, 2013
    Glenburnie
    For buying firearms, Clyde's sport shop in lansdowne gets my vote. Always been very helpful, even when I was new to firearms and had lots of questions. Prices are a little high but I don't mind paying them and helping a local shop when they are always polite and helpful.

I've only ever been to one range, Select Fire in glenburnie. They've always seemed condescending or rude with what little questions ive had regarding firearms so I've never had interest in buying from them. They are only 10 mins from me so that why I go there. I usually just follow the rules, dont ask much questions, keep to my self and I don't have any problems. I'm there to shoot my guns not make friends.

Jul 1, 2012
    Bob's Sunoco (That Fishing Place)

Bob's Sonoco down in Callaway might be worth checking out. I have never done a transfer there because the drive is too far, but last time I was in there it looks like they hired new people to strictly handle transfers, faxes etc. Plus they have a TON of selection.

Bob is a great guy to deal with and has done right by me on many occasions. Always been happy to do out-of-state transfers. I've bought, sold, and transferred about 15 firearms with him in the last 6 months or so with no problems. I've always been treated with respect there. I typically swing by every week or two and lately there are usually 2 people behind the counter in addition to Bob. It can get really busy & hectic in the evenings and on weekends though.

They've been keeping a fairly large stock of the more popular handguns (Glock, Sig, 1911 clones etc) and Bob will take the time to hunt down & order customer requests without copping an attitude. He will also gladly help/guide a customer to find what is right for them without talking down to em.

I'm not a rifle guy so couldn't speak to that other than he has a pretty big pile of long guns.

Bottom line, I've been very happy with the service and reasonable prices and will continue to use him exclusively for transfers.

:thumbsup: Two thumbs up :thumbsup:

marflyers

New gun owner
    May 4, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I purchased on-line and am using Eakle Firearms. I called before selecting them and Tim answered all of my questions and always answered the phone, mostly on weekend. Gun is for my wife and after we left their office he called to say he needed one more signature. He worked with me and met at a location of my choice at my convenience. GREAT customer service and now waiting for MSP.

Feb 28, 2013
    Thankfully the only place I can really say that I've dealt and won't go back to is SelectFire in Glen Burnie. Too many other places to go with better selections to wanna deal with their attitudes.

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    I have bought or transferred from many of the FFLs in the greater Baltimore area. I have found that even the ones who are generally helpful have days when their service sucks. Each one has their own peculiarities too, making them a better fit for some folks than others.

What separates good from bad in my book is an FFL's willingness to take transfers from out-of-state individuals, and their transfer fee cost. I wouldn't hesitate to drop money on an in-stock firearm for the right price regardless of how bad customer service was. With transfers it's a whole different dynamic and the FFLs willing to do the extra legwork are the ones I give my money to.

This is the truth. Good - gun connection, thunderstick, duffy's. OK - continental. Sh*t - any big box store.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Regarding prices, I keep going back to what the market will bear.

Price to high? Don't buy it. But if someone else does, it was worth it for the retailer to list it at that price.

Transfer price too high? Same thing. If people are paying it, why have it lower?

Now that's not to say I encourage "gouging" but markets are pretty efficient when it comes to prices for goods and services.

SOMEONE will undercut the others and take away business. Its the American way.

Wilkenms

Jan 30, 2013
    I purchased on-line and am using Eakle Firearms. I called before selecting them and Tim answered all of my questions and always answered the phone, mostly on weekend. Gun is for my wife and after we left their office he called to say he needed one more signature. He worked with me and met at a location of my choice at my convenience. GREAT customer service and now waiting for MSP.

Same here. I had a S&W M&P15T shipped to Eakle Firearms. He told me upfront about the current wait times. He has always answered my emails and phone calls in a very timely manner. For online sales, I would definitely reccomend Eakle Firearms.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Washington St Pawn sold me my first 10/22 and popped my NICS cherry.

Engage helped me pop my regulated cherry with a wheel gun.

Hafer's in Downsville didn't have what I was looking for but that's not his fault.

Hi-Caliber in Hagerstown didn't have a lot, but was more than willing to go to Gander Mt to pick up a 22/45 lite for $10 and do the transfer for $35. His other prices were more than fair.

3 'R' Guns in Hagerstown, Ron was great to work with for my 22/45 lite and hopefully will get some more business tonight on a PX4. He had the 22/45 lite on hand for $100 less than Gander Mt.

Murray's in Williamsport wouldn't come down to MSRP on a PX4 so it's still there... Tiny shop is full of guns, but at higher prices than I felt was 'fair'

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Washington St Pawn sold me my first 10/22 and popped my NICS cherry.

Engage helped me pop my regulated cherry with a wheel gun.

Hafer's in Downsville didn't have what I was looking for but that's not his fault.

Hi-Caliber in Hagerstown didn't have a lot, but was more than willing to go to Gander Mt to pick up a 22/45 lite for $10 and do the transfer for $35. His other prices were more than fair.

3 'R' Guns in Hagerstown, Ron was great to work with for my 22/45 lite and hopefully will get some more business tonight on a PX4. He had the 22/45 lite on hand for $100 less than Gander Mt.

Murray's in Williamsport wouldn't come down to MSRP on a PX4 so it's still there... Tiny shop is full of guns, but at higher prices than I felt was 'fair'

Bought my first rifle and scope from 3 'R' Guns back in 1994 at the Frederick gun show. Then bought a bunch more from them in 2000, maybe 2001. All Rugers. They were very nice to deal with.

bigweswes

Oct 4, 2012
    pasadena
    stay away from select fire. ordered a glock from them last year and they couldnt be bothered with calling me to say it came in. was at the range that friday shooting and they wanted me to write them a check and then come back the next day to do the paperwork. they held the paperwork a few days and then wanted me to wait 2 weeks to pick up... i was told the woman that owns the place was gonna extend my range membership for the hassle, went in today now that my membership is up and they said they were no longer gonna give me free range time because i left bad feedback on google. employees are a holes range is dim and the vent fans are broken more than not.

I now use joe at sure shot for transfers and 2a sales when shoping local and am 100% happy with both

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom