• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stratplaya06

Jul 22, 2013
    I thought it may be a LPK problem (although I had already tried another PSA bolt catch) at the time, but after putting an OEM Colt catch and spring in the problem still occurred. It just seems as if the channel for the catch is improperly sized or maybe set just a bit too far back. I have read about the same problem happening on other brands' lowers and people have machined down a longer 9mm bolt catch until it functioned properly on the 5.56 mag and that seemed to do the trick.

I have not tried firing with it yet, and I will come into the shop again so you can check it out yourself.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    While I appreciate you trying to show the issue visibly without us being there, posting it all over youtube is a bit much. There were 1900 lowers sold and out of the street and yours is the only one with this issue. Which makes me think its the LPK. But, once again, I want to fingerbang.

Also, instead of posting it to youtube, he could have simply handled it exclusively off-line at your shop.

[rant-mode status="on"]

Even after he visited once, to me that doesn't seem to warrant posting something like that up on the tube. There are lots of variables at play; sometimes these things take time. Also, there are lots of resources on this forum he could have used instead to investigate and many ideas/theories already offered.

The E4 lowers are pretty darned awesome, and the youtube vid he posted felt like a smack of the face of Engage and each their happy customers. (like me)

[/rant-mode] !!

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I thought it may be a LPK problem (although I had already tried another PSA bolt catch) at the time, but after putting an OEM Colt catch and spring in the problem still occurred. It just seems as if the channel for the catch is improperly sized or maybe set just a bit too far back. I have read about the same problem happening on other brands' lowers and people have machined down a longer 9mm bolt catch until it functioned properly on the 5.56 mag and that seemed to do the trick.

I have not tried firing with it yet, and I will come into the shop again so you can check it out yourself.

Actually just read something this morning. Is this mainly happening with Magpul Gen 3 mags?

stratplaya06

Jul 22, 2013
    It happens with both Gen 2 and Gen 3 pmags, a bit worse with the Gen2 though. The Gen 2s seem to allow the follower to slide a bit further forward and away from the tab on the bolt catch. I hope to bring the lower in for you to check out on Friday/this weekend.

nrcrock69

Jun 4, 2013
    Put mine together with lwrc lpk & have yet to make it do anything wrong with gen 2's, 3's, usgi's, or steel HK mags. So far about 300+ rnds through it & plenty of finger banging while playing garage commando @ night!!! Awesome gun, awesome staff, nuff said

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Mine ran fine with a dedicated .22 upper and Black Dog machine 22 mags, regular Colt 6920 upper and gen 2 and 3 mags as well as USGI with out issue.

Longvisit

Jan 2, 2013
    Hey guys, not sure if this was mentioned yet, but I tried a Troy Industries ambi mag release on my engage lower I just picked up, and it does not hold the mag properly. Due to the increased thickness of the receiver around where the little push tab from the release sits, it holds the mag release further out, preventing the mag from being held.

I may end up coming in and having you guys machine a little part of the receiver there to allow the mag release to sit properly. As a left handed shooter it is kind of a bummer that it doesn't fit, but at least the solution wouldn't be too terribly invasive.

I went a little less invasive and tried out a Knights Armament ambi mag release. I like the right side button. The left side release is easier to reach than the troy but my finger falls in the middle of the lever where it gets a bit less leverage. It takes more force than the Troy but that may be needed as it's location makes it easier to hit by accident.

It does work with the Engage billet lowers where my Troy would not.

Knights Armament website

Amazon

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Hey Andy,

Still planning on having a sale on your uppers? I'm going to be in the market for 2 here shortly.

Yeah man. You can come in now and we'll hook you up. We're going to cut lose all of our inventory more or less over the next couple months. We call it "Operation 5 axis CNC"

Rex0915

Jul 26, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    photo.jpg

Thanks Engage turned out awesome!

Engage upper and lower
    Spikes Nickel Boron Trigger
    Magpul UBR
    Anti Rotation Pins
    Noveske NSR
    Surefire break
    Ergo Grip
    :party29:

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    This is a serious cross post of my pics from my other thread but wanted to make sure it was in the Engage section too. I couldn't be happier, hope to get to the range this week for its maiden voyage. :)

bepa6adu.jpg

async

May 5, 2013
    This is a serious cross post of my pics from my other thread but wanted to make sure it was in the Engage section too. I couldn't be happier, hope to get to the range this week for its maiden voyage. :)

bepa6adu.jpg

That is a good looking rifle. Well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom