Fed Govt ammo buys may not be as bad as we thought.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    OK...but what about the issue that it was Hollow Point

for just target practice

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

for just target practice

So what? If you can train with duty rounds, why not?? The cost difference is so slight that it is not worth the logistics of ordering and keeping an inventory of both. I have been a FED for 11 years now and not once ever shot 1 single fmj for "practice".
    We have to use frangible when we shoot steel. So I have had frangible ammo through my weapons too. Never fmj.

Mofiki

Dec 16, 2012
    Every 4 months we had the range at Yokota Japan recieve 2 pallets of 5.56 and 1 pallet of 9mm. This was for a small base, the bomb dump in ellsworth has 100x as much as the one in Japan.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Ammo purchase

for just target practice

Law Enforcement should practice with duty ammo whenever possible because HP ammo can "handle" differently than FMJ. Recoil may differ, as can ammo velocities, but the rounds may also "cycle" differently in semi-auto pistols.

It is extremely important these officers know the characteristics of the ammo they carry as duty ammo, so if & when they have to fire their duty weapons, they have no surprises.

"Perfect practice makes perfect".

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Someone would hate to hear that 25 of us emptied a 45k round pallet of hollow points cycling between a live shoot house and a range in no time at all.

brettwp

Dec 22, 2009
    North East, MD
    It’s good to clear the air and keep our power dry for REAL outrages, rather than imagined. I too was convinced and outraged at the Billion plus number. Whew! Take a breath and relax. Thanks for posting!

ofofhy

Jan 27, 2013
    Balto City
    I too was convinced and outraged at the Billion plus number. Whew! Take a breath and relax.

It will be interesting to see if the various outlets that were trumpeting these billion plus numbers will come out with a clarification as well. I would hope that they would for the sake of accuracy and fairness.

Oct 11, 2012
    The amounts of ammunition being bought by non-military agencies may be far less than we thought. Leave to obscure procurement procedures.

http://senseofevents.blogspot.com/2013/02/dhs-buying-billions-of-rounds-not-so.html

It’s good to clear the air and keep our power dry for REAL outrages, rather than imagined. I too was convinced and outraged at the Billion plus number. Whew! Take a breath and relax. Thanks for posting!

It will be interesting to see if the various outlets that were trumpeting these billion plus numbers will come out with a clarification as well. I would hope that they would for the sake of accuracy and fairness.

Reading the link, it only seems to address the recent news about the 21 million rounds being purchased. What about the other purchases over the past year and a half totaling about 1.6 billion? There's no clarification of those in this blog post. Is the blogger assuming that the previous assertions are wrong based on this one case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom