• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    No. I checked the Ft. McHenry CAP web site and it made no mention of it. I will have to contact the CAP and see if thy can get something posted.

rayg5102

Apr 12, 2009
    Frederick
    I'm white AB+ and 57 years young. Hope they don't hold that agaisnt me. Might be will to get the and donate a gallon or two.

wife was giving plasma twice a week and making $50 each week. went in one day and out of the blue they said "sorry, today you turned 65, can't donate it any more"...........no aint that some sheeet. Guess old blood don't work.

Se you next month I hope

Finn

waiting for the zombies
    Feb 28, 2009
    Columbia
    I'm white AB+ and 57 years young. Hope they don't hold that agaisnt me. Might be will to get the and donate a gallon or two.

wife was giving plasma twice a week and making $50 each week. went in one day and out of the blue they said "sorry, today you turned 65, can't donate it any more"...........no aint that some sheeet. Guess old blood don't work.

Se you next month I hope

where was she donating plasma at?

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    You guys are breaking my heart. I'm a hardcore platelets donor, which pretty much means that I can't donate whole blood otherwise my platelets count goes too low. The Red Cross is always calling me up to tap my veins. In fact, I just received a brand new wubbie this Tuesday after my donation.

All you platelets donors out there should be aware that the FDA has regulations that can get in the way if you also donate whole blood. Give your local Red Cross a call before donating.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    hmmm i didnt know how rare my blood type was. I think i might have to swing by!

Definitely! Hope to see you there.

You guys are breaking my heart. I'm a hardcore platelets donor, which pretty much means that I can't donate whole blood otherwise my platelets count goes too low. The Red Cross is always calling me up to tap my veins. In fact, I just received a brand new wubbie this Tuesday after my donation.

All you platelets donors out there should be aware that the FDA has regulations that can get in the way if you also donate whole blood. Give your local Red Cross a call before donating.

I am going to have to find out about this FDA Reg.
    Those wubbies are nice. Mine is in my car with the emergency kit.

Se you next month I hope

Come on by, well leave the light on for ya.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    attachment.php

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Great Cause, I am alwasy thrilled to see that people can donate and give those who need it.

Im out since to my medical condtion of having Polycythaemia Vera. and whats worst, I'm AB- Blood type so that makes me the rarest :) along with being a deaf guy :)

Oh I love my Life ....

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I am going to have to find out about this FDA Reg.
    Those wubbies are nice. Mine is in my car with the emergency kit.

I don't know the details. I gave whole blood on the spur of the moment last summer while vacationing in Chincoteague. I went in to give platelets two weeks later and got turned away due to vaguely mentioned FDA regulations for platelets donors.

I have two wubbies and they're great, but I don't know what to do with the spare. Maybe I'll put it in my Red Cross gym bag with my two pairs of Give Blood flip flops and five Red Cross shirts. If I get a third wubbie, I'll have one for each tote bag.

kimsmells

Feb 15, 2010
    Maryland
    I just added this into my calendar last night. Unless i get stuck at work, ill be there with bells and whistles on. :D

CallMeIshmael

New Shooter
    Dec 25, 2010
    HoCo
    I always wanted to give blood, but I lived in europe and the middle east during the Mad cow disease scare, and have never been able to give blood because of that.

I never found out what my blood type is though, and i am interested in finding that out.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I always wanted to give blood, but I lived in europe and the middle east during the Mad cow disease scare, and have never been able to give blood because of that.

I never found out what my blood type is though, and i am interested in finding that out.

Stop by anyway. At the least, the Red Cross may be able to "type" your blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom