• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Does anyone teach shoot from the hip with shotguns? When we tried that with you, Tom, we were shown how difficult it was to get on target with a shotgun at close range.

SW686

MDS Supporter
    Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks for posting that video. It was fun to see the old cars and I found the portion on ricochets interesting. It reminded me of this spoof video, "Your Lightsaber and You": http://youtu.be/xe_cHy4ClrI

Tom Perroni

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Does anyone teach shoot from the hip with shotguns? When we tried that with you, Tom, we were shown how difficult it was to get on target with a shotgun at close range.

Les,

This video was produced in the 60's. What you learned was first hand on the range. We are in the process of making a new video.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Love the video, the old time radio was awesome. The liquor store owner wearing a suit, do you see that anymore?

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Les,

This video was produced in the 60's. What you learned was first hand on the range. We are in the process of making a new video.

Understood. But shotguns were around well before the 60's, and presumably someone in the decades before this video would have figured out that shooting from the hip was not particularly effective.

I was wondering whether there was a legitimate tactical reason why that technique would have been taught, or whether it was just "flat earth" silliness.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Holy bad ADR work Batman! lol.

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know bullet ricochets can be that predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom