• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Leatherman Wave (2). NOT the new one with the replaceable cutter blades though there have been several reports of the pliers blades breaking at that point because so much metal was removed between the space for the blades & the tapped holes for the bolts.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I have a Leatherman Super tool on my work belt. Really the only thing I need with any regularity are the needlenose pliers, but it's well built.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Gerber > Leatherman.
    Gerbers work one handed. Though I think some of the new leathermans copy the gerber in that the tools are inside the handle when open (so you have comfortable plier handles)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I like the Leatherman Skeletool for light work (heck, none of these should really be used for "heavy" work). It can clip in a pocket like a knife...but that's where my knife goes. I hang it off a carabiner on my belt loop into my back pocket or clip it to a backpack or something.

Amazon product ASIN B01ACC8ZFW
    The best part about mine? I won it from MDS member @StantonCree for coming up with the best punk rock name for his new (at the time...a while ago) fish: "Sid Fishous."

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I had the first leatherman but messed up breaking the large screwdriver blade.
    I returned it admitting I'm the cause being stupid.
    No matter they replaced it under warranty with the then current mark 2. I've been using that ever since.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I was issued a GI Gerber in 91 and still have it stronger than Leatherman and has replaceable carbide cutters.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    This is probably my favorite though. I wish I could find more of them:
    Amazon product ASIN B000056VTZ
    They used to be made by (or for) Craftsman. It is very small...clips on a keychain, but, honestly, I probably use it more than any other multi-tool that I've ever had (in part because it's always with me).
    I bought one for my wife, and it was confiscated when she went to a show in DC because it had a blade on it. :mad54: Had I been there, I gladly would have skipped the event to keep the irreplaceable tool.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    My ex-wife would tell you that the best multitool was one of my wood chisels. She's tell you that you can use one as a prybar, screwdriver, paint can opener, rust scrapper and in a pinch, the larger ones could be stabbed into tough soil to loosen it.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    The newest Leatherman, The ARC is right up there. It really has the tools I need most. The Free P2 is probably my second favorite.

TBH they could take the knife blade off of the multitudes and replace them with something else. I always have a dedicated knife(or two) on me.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    like one handed operation of Gerber’s but have broken 2. Leathermans are fine, have not broken one yet. The knives on them always suck. I’m considering using a cutoff wheel on my leather an blade to make it TSA compliant

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    like one handed operation of Gerber’s but have broken 2. Leathermans are fine, have not broken one yet. The knives on them always suck. I’m considering using a cutoff wheel on my leather an blade to make it TSA compliant
    They'll still take it. They took my PS that had no blade. Just a 1 1/2" nail file.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    20231224_200053.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88