• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    calls are a real personal thing its best to go to a local shop that carries more then one brand that said I like my Tim grounds half breed.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Well when calling for km04, I love my 30 year old olt wood goose call all the writting was fadded of when my dad gave it to me about 15 years ago and she never leaves my laynard! Duck calls I have a bunch but I like my timer wench and the haydel gadwall
    call. I use a old wooden call my dad gave me as a kid for wood ducks and she still squealls great!

I love the feel of a wooden call.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    duck-duck-goose.jpg

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Well when calling for km04, I love my 30 year old olt wood goose call all the writting was fadded of when my dad gave it to me about 15 years ago and she never leaves my laynard! Duck calls I have a bunch but I like my timer wench and the haydel gadwall
    call. I use a old wooden call my dad gave me as a kid for wood ducks and she still squealls great!

I love the feel of a wooden call.

I have thrown out several other Goose calls because they can not compete with my wooden Olt 800. They are not cheap, even at today's price, but, they are worth every single dime. Here's a link to some "auctions" for them.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Go to stores and blow every call you can. This is like starting a which broad head is the best thread! I can say out of all the calls I've blown, field proven has the most user friendly high end calls out there. For that reason, I picked up a matrix.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Waterfowl Festival in Easton, Md
    November 9, 10 and 11, 2012

World Champion Live Goose Calling Contest plus the Duck Calling Contest- World's Best Goose and Duck Callers, see who is blowing what and study their calls. They make a DVD of the contest so you can practice on your own.

It would be a great weekend to do some research on calls and have some fun with the family at the same time. Haven't been in years but Easton is one of the most enjoyable, pleasant towns in Maryland but most people never realize it because they're flying down US 50 on their beach run or never get past the gas and burger joints on the highway.

http://www.waterfowlfestival.org/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom