• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    Hello I had seen a couple fake eotechs. They often are called eot red dot type scopes. I am curious if anyone has experience with them. Think most are about $60. I was wondering if it might be worth it for that. I am just now getting into red dots.

One of my ar15 has a taco red dot on it for like $30 and it seems like a good one but I am looking for something that is red/green and has mutliple recticles.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    They're junk. Seriously. They're not even a clone of the EOTech internals, it's basically just a cheap red dot manufactured in the shape of one.

Bushnell Trophies are in the $60 range with multi reticles and are about the best you'll get at those prices, IMHO. The dots aren't always the crispest for ranges out past around 25 meters, but they do tend to hold zero very well.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Hello I had seen a couple fake eotechs. They often are called eot red dot type scopes. I am curious if anyone has experience with them. Think most are about $60. I was wondering if it might be worth it for that. I am just now getting into red dots.

One of my ar15 has a taco red dot on it for like $30 and it seems like a good one but I am looking for something that is red/green and has mutliple recticles.

Buy a Bushnell Holosight, they are the same optic as the Eotech 511 (N Batteries) but without the external armoring made on the same line. You can get one for around $200-250 on eBay.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The hope and change has not worked for me. Honestly if they worked I could care less about it being a copy.

What about this one
    http://www.amazon.com/Truglo-Red-Dot-Tru-Brite-Open-Dot-Multi/dp/B004Z5BX8E/ref=pd_sbs_sg_4

Check Tru Glo's warranty, I believe it is only good for 90 days. Not good for an electronic sight.

If you want to spend a few bucks more try the Konus Atomic Red Dot. Lifetime replacement warranty that they are well known for standing behind, very crisp dot, and they hold up very well.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/31...-weaver-style-mount-and-rimfire-adapter-matte

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Have you ever used one or do you own one?

Had 2 for last few years, sold one earlier this year when I was planning to sell the gun it was on. Other one has ridden atop my AR for 2 years. Never had to adjust, holds zero after being removed and reinstalled, an outstanding optic bargain, the best red dot ever made with the Bushnell name.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    For 150 bux the strikefire is probably the best optic you can buy cheap. Lifetime warrenty, but look at videos, ppl torture them and they survive. You can probably find one used for a little less.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    ...One of my ar15 has a taco red dot on it for like $30 and it seems like a good one...

They're a lot cheaper at Taco Bell.

The fit and finish is a bit rough on mine, here's a pic.:thumbsup:

artaco (800x319).jpg

KimuraFTW

Jul 20, 2012
    Clinton, MD
    Had 2 for last few years, sold one earlier this year when I was planning to sell the gun it was on. Other one has ridden atop my AR for 2 years. Never had to adjust, holds zero after being removed and reinstalled, an outstanding optic bargain, the best red dot ever made with the Bushnell name.

Nice, I might consider one for my new AR build. Not sure i want to spend the money to buy 2 eotechs (not sure if i have the money to begin with lol), but I do like the style of my eotech and don't want to have to keep switching it between guns...

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I had one of the fakes on my mini-14 for a while. Obviously it's not a real holo sight, but rather a cheap red dot in a fancy housing. That said, it held a decent zero. I sold it because I like my Mini's irons and it ate batteries.

A better option if you want cheap and decent quality, would be Primary Arms. They have a decent Aimpoint T1 clone for ~$80.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Primaryarms.com

Has some good bang for the buck RDS, some are aimpoint knock offs but from what i have heard they will hold up to AR recoil. That is something most knockoffs or clones can't do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom