• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nov 23, 2010
    For those of you who dont know what the FairTax is all about, check out the website.... http://www.fairtax.org/

This a great way for our government to effectively collect taxes and give citizens more control over their money.

July 30 -- Special FairTax tour of the US Capital arranged by Congressman Woodall's office.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    To get you enthused about it ...

Over Half of Households Paid No Income Taxes

According to a Joint Committee on Taxation report released last month, 51% of households had zero or negative tax liability in 2009 ... meaning that it's probably WORSE now.

That didn't include FICA, sales, property taxes, state and local states, AND fees that are actually taxes. Just Federal Income tax.

And what's that NEGATIVE tax liability ... Are we paying people NOT to work and giving them a rebate ? :mad54:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    This is something I feel strongly about. Will try to attend.

The biggest problem in today's tax code is redefining what the word "fair" means. Is it equal opportunity? or equal results? If we stop giving free money to people who don't pay taxes anyway, the spenders will say we have to help the poor. Great, lets do that in other ways and make the tax code more efficient. Problem is both Dems and Rep. lawmakers benefit from the disaster of a tax code we have now. It permits them to channel funds to certain groups to increase election chances. I think the only way Fair Tax is going to work is to pass a 1 term limit in congress so the critters don't have motivation to not do this.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    I suppose the fair tax is better than our current system. Granted I would prefer a flat 10% tax across the board. And in all reality I don't believe we should be paying taxes period. This nation enjoyed no income tax until 1913 mainly because our founders understood that taxation is theft by force and has no place in a free society. Income tax amounts to 40% of the U.S income. Couldn't we all do better with more money in our pocket and a govt that is 40% smaller? lol

I will consider attending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom