• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    You can sell an assault rifle face to face? :innocent0

Dumb journalists...

To the story... There are a-holes everywhere. Don't set yourself up.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    *shrugs* It happens on Craigslist, too. Best you can do is meet in a public place and try to check out the guy first.

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    "According to police, one of the men had arranged to sell the AR-15 rifle to the other man after listing the gun for sale on an online classifieds website."

I read this and first thing I thought was: Note to self - don't buy ARs on Craigslist :innocent0

TopShot0352

Feb 5, 2011
    Gettysburg
    "According to police, one of the men had arranged to sell the AR-15 rifle to the other man after listing the gun for sale on an online classifieds website."

I read this and first thing I thought was: Note to self - don't buy ARs on Craigslist :innocent0

My thoughts exactly

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    It was probably an HBar, which is why it was a FTF deal. I'm glad most of the folks here are Good people. Thanks to a few members here, I have added to my collection. Every deal was smooth. It's sad when things like this happen, once again it gives the fire arms community a bad name.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    It was probably an HBar, which is why it was a FTF deal. I'm glad most of the folks here are Good people. Thanks to a few members here, I have added to my collection. Every deal was smooth. It's sad when things like this happen, once again it gives the fire arms community a bad name.

Itvwas in Arizona, they don't have the same laws we do. They can FTF a pistol if thy want to.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Beware when selling anything FTF when there are expensive items or large amounts of money being transfered, regardless of what is being sold.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Itvwas in Arizona, they don't have the same laws we do. They can FTF a pistol if thy want to.

Nice I've heard they are very liberal regarding ccw, but I had no idea Arizona's laws regarding buying and selling firearms was on the complete other side of the spectrum from Maryland. Dang...:sad20:

Fester60

Feb 1, 2010
    PA
    I think in a lot of states it is legit to have FTF handgun and AR/AK type sales. Another example of MD battered gun owner syndrome.

On a side note do you think the guy who got robbed will get in trouble for firing shots at a fleeing suspect? I thought you could only use deadly force if you felt your life or other's lives were in immediate danger. Once the bad guy is driving away he is not an immediate threat.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    On a side note do you think the guy who got robbed will get in trouble for firing shots at a fleeing suspect? I thought you could only use deadly force if you felt your life or other's lives were in immediate danger. Once the bad guy is driving away he is not an immediate threat.

I was wondering the same thing - I guess anger got the best of him and judgement flew out the window. Legal issues aside that seems unsafe and just wrong - not self defense.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I think in a lot of states it is legit to have FTF handgun and AR/AK type sales. Another example of MD battered gun owner syndrome.

I was wondering what AZ's laws were on that myself. There are states where defense of property it is justified to use deadly force.

Think what would happen here in MD ? The next line in the article would be something like this:

'He is being held on attempted murder and firearms related charges'

In AZ he probably just got his hand slapped for missing the car and not carrying enough gun.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore

IMHO, the time for drawing and firing had long past. At that point he should have been getting the plates and best description he could and let the LEOs handle it.

I never do a meet and exchange without at least one person as backup. Too many bad things can be avoided by a little precaution.

Walter

May 23, 2010
    This sucks, but shit happens. People get mugged all the time buying and selling stuff on Craigslist.

Most likely this guy's going to get caught. They'll trace him back through his IP address, email, or phone number .

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    This sucks, but shit happens. People get mugged all the time buying and selling stuff on Craigslist.

Most likely this guy's going to get caught. They'll trace him back through his IP address, email, or phone number .

Aint' that the truth:thumbsup:

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Depending on the laws there, he could possibly say that he used deadly force to protect others from him using the AR on innocent people. Seems like a good argument at least.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Beware when selling anything FTF when there are expensive items or large amounts of money being transfered, regardless of what is being sold.

+1 you better know the other person to some degree when showing up with a wad of cash and the other one shwoing up with a gun .... :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom