Expungement of assault charges denied HGP. Know anyone, or even other charges.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Okay first I am asking for a lawyers office, one that was recommended to me by Mark P.

They are working with someone who had an assault charge or conviction, that person got it expunged. MSP is denying that persons HGP due to the charge/conviction. They are looking at pushing it with the state due to an expungement is an expungement and the case show go away.

They are working with a few other people that have other situations that are similar, ie expunged charge/conviction but hql or hgp denied due to a charge/conviction that was expunged. I know there have been a few things said here with people going thru this as well.

If you know anyone or you or can find the thread that talked about please message me. It maybe a possibility to get involved with this as a group, and not have to go at it alone.

Dataluss

To KEEP and BEAR ARMS, Shall NOT be Infringed.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    Okay first I am asking for a lawyers office, one that was recommended to me by Mark P.

They are working with someone who had an assault charge or conviction, that person got it expunged. MSP is denying that persons HGP due to the charge/conviction. They are looking at pushing it with the state due to an expungement is an expungement and the case show go away.

They are working with a few other people that have other situations that are similar, ie expunged charge/conviction but hql or hgp denied due to a charge/conviction that was expunged. I know there have been a few things said here with people going thru this as well.

If you know anyone or you or can find the thread that talked about please message me. It maybe a possibility to get involved with this as a group, and not have to go at it alone.
    I don't understand your terminology and statement you wrote here. BUT I would recommend calling (ED) Edward Hershon Esq. Google him. His office is in Annapolis, MD He is an EXCELLENT Attorney, very skilled in all facets of 2A and criminal problems. He is also a member here on this site.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010

The conviction gets expunged. The arrest still exists in police records.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    To restate MSP is denying HGP for people with expunged charges. If you know of anyone whom this has happened to contact me and I will give a name of a lawyers office that is working on this sort of thing. They are not working on it at an individual person level, they are looking for a group of people it applies to. They are going to try to attack it at the state level, not thru the courts unless needed.

fishoholic

Aug 24, 2022
    Eastern shore
    did they get a expungement compliance letter from Maryland CJIS ? if not it may still be in their system and that's what MDSP checks. I personally had an expungement done recently and was approved for my carry permit.

Dataluss

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    Usually if it was an expungement in Maryland, YOU still have to wait for a "Certificate of Compliance" papers. It can take over a YEAR for the initial expungement order, that was signed by the Judge, for THAT ORDER to make it's way through the DA office, the Jail, CJIS, and any and all agencies that were involved in that arrest/expungement.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nope.

You can have an arrest that has no conviction. An expungment makes everything related to the ARREST disappear.
    The problem is people listening to others saying answer yes to the arrest even if your cased has been expunged.

If you answer yes to the arrest and everything was expunged, this will make an investigator try and look for ANYTHING related to an arrest of yours, and maybe fine a scintilla of something out there.

I literally spoke to one of the women who works in the court who is a supervisor over expungements. She said to answer NO to an arrest.

That is, after you received all compliance letters.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Gentleman, ladies and RD. ( hehe )

This is not about the expungement process, or letters of compliance. This is about someone ( or many ) whom have had an expungement that was completed 100% and is still being denied.

fishoholic

Aug 24, 2022
    Eastern shore
    Gentleman, ladies and RD. ( hehe )

This is not about the expungement process, or letters of compliance. This is about someone ( or many ) whom have had an expungement that was completed 100% and is still being denied.
    I wasn't denied, but I did attach all of my expungement documents to my application.

Dataluss

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    Perhaps there's MORE to your story, about and your, or someone else's Expunged charges/record. I don't think MSP would deny folks HGP app, IF an expungement has been PROPERLY done, and within reason.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    There is one person here who had an assault expunged, MSP denied their HGP ( might have been HQL ) due to that expunged assault. Thats the main person I am looking for.

Now please if you cant help with finding that person or know anyone it applies to please exit the thread.

PS also please stop with the bold and italics on every one of your posts.

Dataluss

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    There is one person here who had an assault expunged, MSP denied their HGP ( might have been HQL ) due to that expunged assault. Thats the main person I am looking for.

Now please if you cant help with finding that person or know anyone it applies to please exit the thread.

PS also please stop with the bold and italics on every one of your posts.
    smh

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    did you get a compliance of expungement letter from cjis ?? if so then you will have no problems with the background check for w&c permit
    No just recieved first order from judge granting expungement that I sent…app still says pending for HQL
    since 7/14 this the response I got when I attached judges order

Attachments

• E68C001D-349E-41CA-B407-B21B66600FB1.png
      E68C001D-349E-41CA-B407-B21B66600FB1.png
      48.4 KB · Views: 216
    • 59F92D3F-CF4C-4A5C-A1BB-6DF7B133B915.jpeg
      59F92D3F-CF4C-4A5C-A1BB-6DF7B133B915.jpeg
      128 KB · Views: 212

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    No just recieved first order from judge granting expungement that I sent…app still says pending for HQL
    since 7/14 this the response I got when I attached judges order
    Maybe they misstated (or poorly stated) because of the lack of CJIS letter?

The ATF still lists an expungement as enough provided it doesn't specifically state that it doesn't cover restoring your gun rights.

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    Maybe they misstated (or poorly stated) because of the lack of CJIS letter?

The ATF still lists an expungement as enough provided it doesn't specifically state that it doesn't cover restoring your gun rights.

So I have to wait for CJIS letter I can’t apply for pardon if it’s nothing there??…that link shouldn’t apply to me it wasn’t for domestic …I had GTTF case from dirty cop Fabian Laronde expunged for wrongful arrest

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    So I have to wait for CJIS letter I can’t apply for pardon if it’s nothing there??…that link shouldn’t apply to me it wasn’t for domestic …I had GTTF case from dirty cop Fabian Laronde expunged for wrongful arrest
    1. I personally know nothing about the process. Some people in the past have said that you have to wait for the CJIS confirmation letter on expungement. I was offering it as a possibility, but I probably should have kept quiet rather than muddy the waters. Sorry about that. But since I've already muddied them, just to fully explain what I was saying (feel free to ignore):

2. Based on the ATF page I'd think expungement (possibly with CJIS confirmation) would be enough.
    3. It was just the first ATF page I found on expungements. I'd think that the logic (expungement as long as it doesn't specifically exclude restoring gun rights) would apply to any prohibiting conviction/arrest/other situation.
    4. Regardless, I hope some more knowledgeable people can offer some advice and I hope you get it fixed quickly and easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom