• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    I have been trying to find an IWB holster that is as thin as possible so that I can carry comfortably and I haven't been having much luck. I have recently come across a product called sticky holsters that offers what look like really thin holsters that are only held in place by the sticky rubber material of the holster instead of with a belt clip.

Does anyone have any experience with these? If not, can anyone suggest some thin holsters that I could look into? I have a Kahr CW9 and currently use a DeSantis Sof Tuck and I find it to only be comfortable at the 1 o'clock position and even then the pistol doesn't sit as I'd like. I'd like to find something thin so that I can carry at different positions and will also prevent the holster / gun from projecting so far from my waist line.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    I have been trying to find an IWB holster that is as thin as possible so that I can carry comfortably and I haven't been having much luck. I have recently come across a product called sticky holsters that offers what look like really thin holsters that are only held in place by the sticky rubber material of the holster instead of with a belt clip.

Does anyone have any experience with these? If not, can anyone suggest some thin holsters that I could look into? I have a Kahr CW9 and currently use a DeSantis Sof Tuck and I find it to only be comfortable at the 1 o'clock position and even then the pistol doesn't sit as I'd like. I'd like to find something thin so that I can carry at different positions and will also prevent the holster / gun from projecting so far from my waist line.

I've used the sticky holster in the past along with it's sister product made by Remora. I like the Remora better than the sticky because the material is a bit "stickier" if that's a word. I find them best when your in minimal clothing like shorts and a t-shirt as far as concealability. Overall neither of this variety holster does a great job holding the gun in place, and both have a tendency to come out with the gun if you have to pull it. Running or jumping up and down will most times dislodge the whole she-bang from your belt. My .02 cents.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a couple Remora holsters, basically the same thing. They do work for very small, lightweight pistols, but nylon by it's nature is more bulky than kydex or leather/kydex hybrids. They will shift a bit, being the holster isn't molded to the gun, require a tight belt, and can be a liability if you suddenly have to run or fight as they are not as secure. I have been through far to many holsters till I got to the few designs I find useful for EDC. Best all around for compact single stacks and subcompact doubles is a one clip kydex/leather hybrid, I'm a fan of Foxx holsters, better design than most others with fast shipping, good prices, and lots of options.

A single clip hybrid has little bulk, easy to put on or off, flat leather backing(velvet backing option on Foxx) is comfortable, holds position well enough, comfortable under a jacket, but can conceal under a t-shirt, if I could only have one holster design it would be my Little Foxx. It's become my go-to holster, the quality, design and durability for the money is unbeatable. I do have kydex holsters that are thinner, but they don't spread the shape out as well and are not as comfortable, older full leather designs are comfortable, but thick, soft and offer more reistance to drawing/reholstering.

Couple comparison pics I have from my XDs holster collection, Remora clipless, Little Foxx hybrid, Cozy Partner leather and Badger concealment kydex. The little Foxx is by far the most comfortable and secure, has adjustable cant and height, only the Badger is less bulky.

holsters front.jpg

holsters back.jpg

holsters top.jpg

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I have a couple Remora holsters, basically the same thing. They do work for very small, lightweight pistols, but nylon by it's nature is more bulky than kydex or leather/kydex hybrids. They will shift a bit, being the holster isn't molded to the gun, require a tight belt, and can be a liability if you suddenly have to run or fight as they are not as secure. I have been through far to many holsters till I got to the few designs I find useful for EDC. Best all around for compact single stacks and subcompact doubles is a one clip kydex/leather hybrid, I'm a fan of Foxx holsters, better design than most others with fast shipping, good prices, and lots of options.

A single clip hybrid has little bulk, easy to put on or off, flat leather backing(velvet backing option on Foxx) is comfortable, holds position well enough, comfortable under a jacket, but can conceal under a t-shirt, if I could only have one holster design it would be my Little Foxx. It's become my go-to holster, the quality, design and durability for the money is unbeatable. I do have kydex holsters that are thinner, but they don't spread the shape out as well and are not as comfortable, older full leather designs are comfortable, but thick, soft and offer more reistance to drawing/reholstering.

Couple comparison pics I have from my XDs holster collection, Remora clipless, Little Foxx hybrid, Cozy Partner leather and Badger concealment kydex. The little Foxx is by far the most comfortable and secure, has adjustable cant and height, only the Badger is less bulky.

View attachment 175627

View attachment 175628

View attachment 175629

That Little Foxx looks interesting. What carry position do you find most comfortable with it? Thanks!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    That Little Foxx looks interesting. What carry position do you find most comfortable with it? Thanks!

I prefer around 4:00 canted about 10 degrees. The clip allows about -15 to +15 degrees, locks with 2 screws, has 2 sets of holes for height, so it can be carried IWB strong side, cross draw, or appendix. The add-on "comfort pad" seems pricey at a $12.50 option, but it is an awesome addition, it's stitiched and glued very securely, none of mine show any signs of peeling or wear after years of carry, their holsters hold up great. The comfort pad is a velvet like material, very comfortable against bare skin, but has a grippy texture that holds the holster in place and resists sliding around. They make a holster for most every pistol, many have options for laser grips/lasermax, and kydex/leather colors. The longest it's taken me to get a holster from them is a week, the owner is active on a lot of forums, and offers excellent service if you have any problems, or just don't like the holster after trying it out. One thing I like is that you can carefully bend the kydex with a heat gun, can tweak retension, or bend a corner up slightly if you feel it digging. Mine have been comfortable out of the box, and other than the leather softening a little they don't change much as they break in, where their larger hybrid models do get noticeably more comfortable.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I prefer around 4:00 canted about 10 degrees. The clip allows about -15 to +15 degrees, locks with 2 screws, has 2 sets of holes for height, so it can be carried IWB strong side, cross draw, or appendix. The add-on "comfort pad" seems pricey at a $12.50 option, but it is an awesome addition, it's stitiched and glued very securely, none of mine show any signs of peeling or wear after years of carry, their holsters hold up great. The comfort pad is a velvet like material, very comfortable against bare skin, but has a grippy texture that holds the holster in place and resists sliding around. They make a holster for most everything, many have options for laser grips/lasermax, and kydex/leather colors. The longest it's taken me to get a holster from them is a week, the owner is active on a lot of forums, and offers excellent service if you have any problems, or just don't like the holster after trying it out. One thing I like is that you can carefully bend the kydex with a heat gun, can tweak retension, or bend a corner up slightly if you feel it digging. Mine have been comfortable out of the box, and other than the leather softening a little they don't change much as they break in, where their larger hybrid models do get noticeably more comfortable.

:thumbsup: Thanks for the info. I have tried several IWB holsters, but haven't yet found one that is comfortable. For the price, this one seems like it's worth taking a chance.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    FWIW, I grabbed a Little Foxx on, I believe, Alucard's recommendation and like it. Its for a G43 and I did bend the kydex "in" at my 2 o'clock which is close to my 3 o'clock, "I like it alot". Not the sticky version though.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Depending on the pistol, the larger 2 clip Foxx hybrid model can be ideal, less bulk than crossbreed, comptac or Aliengear. It is obviously larger/bulkier than the little foxx, but nothing beats it for comfort, or stability. If you carry anything about the size of a GLOCK 19 or larger it's better than the little Foxx. Another holster I've been supremely happy with are Jbowie12's pocket holsters on ebay, days to arrive instead of months, 1/2 the price and better design than my older Alabama kydex pocket holster. The big hook does it's job every time, and there is a small tab on the inside top that you can push the holster off with your thumb if it ever comes out with the pistol. He used hollow rivets on the body, so you can use cord to leash the holster and deploy a pistol for use off-body in a bag, purse or pack. For really hot weather, or bumming around the house It's my preferred method of carry.

Another benefit of the velvet backer is that it keeps sweat off of the leather and pistol, and keeps leather dust and dye from getting on you, the fabric can hold Kiwi camp dry to block sweat even better. The big foxx and plain back little fox are both about 4 years old, and have been carried often, the velvet pad keeps a holster looking new. My Foxx hybrid on top and an older little Foxx without pad on the back both for my G19/G27. Also pics of a couple Jbowie12 pocket holsters.

20160413_094746.jpg

20160413_095535.jpg

Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    Thanks for all of the info. The overhead view was really helpful in seeing the thicknesses of each of the holsters. I'm intrigued by how thin the Badger is and how little material it has but it doesn't look like it has adjustable cant which I assume limits the carry position to 3-4 o'clock?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Thanks for all of the info. The overhead view was really helpful in seeing the thicknesses of each of the holsters. I'm intrigued by how thin the Badger is and how little material it has but it doesn't look like it has adjustable cant which I assume limits the carry position to 3-4 o'clock?

yes, about as thin and simple as a holster can be, for better or worse it feels like Mexican carry. I picked it up for $30 on clearance, figured the XDs was thin enough that it would be OK, and it was OK around the house, or for short trips in hot weather, but not comfortable for carrying all day, over time the edges poking get to you. Foxx makes an all kydex "trap" holster, their newest version looks better than the previous design, adjustable retension, height and cant, a slightly wider/rounder side profile than the Badger, not much on it as most of the reviews are for their older design. Seems to be a better design than the badger, might work great, but for me and my 4:00 preffered position I'm happy enough with the little and big foxx and pocket holsters that I didn't feel the need to spend $50 for probably another holster that I rarely if ever use, although might try it out eventually

http://www.foxxholsters.com/collections/iwb/products/deluxe-trapp-holster-kydex

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom