• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    After patiently waiting over 1 week to take my new portable Evil Roy Steel Target out for a go I finally got permission to shoot at my buddy's farm.
    -My target is the 12" circle option.
    -She weights about 45 pounds and is 500 AR steel.
    -Collapsible version with a nice carry handle and tripod legs.
    -The plate is angled down slightly to aid in deflecting the ammo fragments into the dirt.
    P4190250.jpg

I shot about 100 rounds of 9mm (115gr) Hit about 80 :innocent0 from 25 yards, and 100 rounds of .223 (55gr) from 100 + yards.
    I believe 200 yards is the recommended distance to shoot this type of target with .223 ammo with, but being honest, I could not tell if I was hitting my target from that far out since it was windy and the sound wasn't traveling to me very well. So I moved a little closer.

-There was no noticeable ricocheting of ammo, all of the front side of the target has very smooth lines with no exposed nuts'n'bolts.
    -The 9mm from my Sig 226 just splattered to the dirt below.
    -The .223 put little craters in the area where the plate was welded to the target stand. (In this after action picture it is hard to see, in the repainted one below the craters outlining the weld show up better)
    P4190254.jpg

P4190259.jpg

P4190260.jpg

I don't fault Evil Roy Targets for the cratering, durring Tom Perroni's Carbine class I noticed the same problem with the welding softening up the steel in the weld spots with his targets also.
    Overall impression: A great target for the money. ($156 shipped) Very portable if you don't mind carrying around a 45 lb contraption.

Nutnfancy has also done a video write-up on these that is excellent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom