• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    If the Ban passes. You will NOT be able to trade, sell OR pass down thr AR or any other classified weapon they place on the ban. It will go to the goverment after you pass away or become a felon. I personaly think they will make just about anyone a felon through loop holes and BS just to take them away for GOOD.
    Where did you get that from? I spoke with my lawyer just a few months ago and he recommended I make a will specifically for my firearms. I think your information is not correct.

Radioman

Nov 25, 2012
    The restriction on transfer of firearms is in the proposal bill.

Some of us older shooters may want to transfer our potentially banned rifles to younger family member before that happens.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The restriction on transfer of firearms is in the proposal bill.

Some of us older shooters may want to transfer our potentially banned rifles to younger family member before that happens.

How can that be done if they are minors?

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    You might want to read the proposed bills.
    Admittedly, I have not, but I will. Mine are mostly older Colt/S&W revolvers and 1911's, some of them C&R. Also some Winchester/Marlin lever action rifles and one Bolt action 22LR. I hope these are not effected. I don't even own a "tactical" or "defense" firearm. (I am so sick of everyone using the word "assault".) But I had been considering a LaRue OBR 7.62 before everything exploded. I'll probably order this as soon as possible.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    I agree with the folks more worried about what Maryland is going to do than the Fed. I may be wrong, but I don't think there will be any U.S.-wide band enacted. It seems like they have too many other big issues on the plate right now to take up an unpopular, or tough at least, fight like that. I'm getting one more in under the wire just in case. More to come...

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Just to show you how our state regards us, look at what I got in reply to my appeal to my representative:

Dear Mr. Ost, thank you for your email regarding the right to carry a gun. I respect your second Amendment rights and will do all I can to protect them while upholding my duty to protect public safety with careful oversight of who can walk around with assault weapons. I appreciate your taking the time to share your concerns with me.

Regards,

Jim Robey

James N. Robey
    Senator, District 13

Assistant Deputy Majority Leader

The Senate of Maryland

11 Bladen Street, Room 120

Annapolis MD 21401

Phone: 410-841-3572
    Fax: 410-841-3455
    E-mail: James.Robey@senate.state.md.us

Web: mlis.state.md.us

Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 8:53 PM
    To: Robey, James Senator
    Subject: no new gun control

Frankly, I just want to be heard on this subject. MD is already one of the most repressive states in the union when it comes to private firearms ownership, but that has not stopped the great majority of us from exercising our right to keep and bear arms. Let me just say that I am a democrat by vote and ideology, but I think that the second amendment should not be infringed. I speak for a great great many of my friends, relatives, acquaintances, and others that it is not the wish of the people at large for more and restrictive gun laws to be put into place. In the past people have misread public opinion because those with an axe to grind generally have the loudest voices, but when it comes down to votes, we, just like they, only get one apiece, and we outnumber them by a large margin. Supporters of the last assault weapons ban were almost all voted out of office in short order for making the mistake of pandering to the loud voices without really looking at how the land lays. Don't make that mistake. We're democrats here, and we're tired of being pigeonholed into a certain group for not wanting to give up our guns. You can continue to have our support, if you will just avoid new and stringent laws limiting our ability as lawful citizens to buy and keep arms.

Who said anything about carrying around assault weapons? this is the rhetoric they are shoving down people's throats. Unbelievable. EVERYONE should be contacting their representatives, and voting assholes like these out.

BTW, I'm not really a democrat, I just said that so they'd give what I had to say more sway since they'd think it was from one of their voters.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I respectfully disagree when you say "no one is listening". I think people are hearing loud and clear. The "panic buying" that is happening across the US is probably the most clear message that can be sent to legislators.
    The guy with the Remington short barrel has a right to own the gun even if you think you know a better choice. I'll assume that if he made the judgement that he needed to own a gun before he lost the right, he will learn to use the gun in a safe, responsible manner. I don't find anything "absolutely unbelievable" about buying a gun before you "...know anything about them". I think it is absolutely unbelievable that Americans are being threatened to have their 2nd amendment rights restricted.
    I support anyone willing to step up and buy a gun in this time of panic.

I agree completely. The old saying, "money talks, and BS walks" is not only true, but what your seeing is a form of voting. Talks cheap but when people are willing to spend their hard earned money on something you know they believe it.

People should give the new people a break because they have to start somewhere. They could have went the other way and became anti's.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    There is a LOT of consternation regarding what might happen on both the national and state level. While nationally, Obama and Congress will probably do nothing but blow off steam and blame the NRA boogie-man. But to be sure, in the PRofMD we're in for a tougher go than we ever have been. However, ...

Take some of the moochola you were going to spend on a panic buy and join/donate to Maryland Shall Issue. We ARE your voice and boots-on-the-ground in the fight for gun rights here in The Free State. Check out our ever expanding 2nd Amendment Resource Room and watch for special announcements regarding the upcoming legislative session here and on our Facebook site. We need numbers and turnout to be heard above the political rhetoric that has already started with certainly more to come.

On the national level, The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) can use your support too. Along with CCRKBA, the NRA, GOA, and NAGR, they are varying voices on the same theme ... 2A isn't to be tampered with.

Pick one or share the love.

Just do it......:lol::thumbsup:

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Yeah hopefully the state or federal gov does not confiscate or tax your overpriced $1500 AR. If its a mandated buyback, your gonna lose alot of cash. If you stated you lost it off a boat - your not legally allowed to have a regulated weapon on a boat, so maybe you will be a guest of club fed for that.

If things settle down - which realistically maybe the case, the market is going to be full of overpriced guns, and no one will buy - because the retail market will sell them for less. You'll lose on that one.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Yeah hopefully the state or federal gov does not confiscate or tax your overpriced $1500 AR. If its a mandated buyback, your gonna lose alot of cash. If you stated you lost it off a boat - your not legally allowed to have a regulated weapon on a boat, so maybe you will be a guest of club fed for that.

If things settle down - which realistically maybe the case, the market is going to be full of overpriced guns, and no one will buy - because the retail market will sell them for less. You'll lose on that one.

I'm thinking ^^^this is going to be the reality, everyone paying way more than they should, then the market balancing out and people going through the "buyers remorse".

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    I get the run/panic on the actual weapons and magazines, what I dont understand is the rush on the ammo. That has been around before AR-15's and will be around long after.

spanokopita

Nov 3, 2012
    ASM80 - pretty simple I think..

In 1973, Johnny Carson made a joke about there being a toilet paper shortage in the US. By the next evening, his 20 million viewers had bought up every roll of toilet paper in the nation.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    I get the run/panic on the actual weapons and magazines, what I dont understand is the rush on the ammo. That has been around before AR-15's and will be around long after.

The antis have it in their agenda to target restrictions on bulk and web ammo sales in addition to their dribble about semi-autos and "assault weapons".

A lot of people who currently own firearms and feel they will be grandfathered are stocking up on ammo for them in case these restrictions become reality.

Very sad state of affairs we are in. :mad54:

I'm glad I reload.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Think of this as an economic stimulus package. More buying of american goods.
    The ammo and firearms companies need to now panic build. Hopefully quality will not suffer.

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    As a tactic, i get it. I did not have a surplus of ammo, now I have 4 rifles that are ineffective as I have no ammunition. Awesome.

Crownroyal79

Dec 17, 2012
    Just have to do a lot of leg work to all the walmarts, and bass pro shop. I kept searching and just got lucky one morning in the new walmart in randallstown cleaned them out of 9mm bulk packs.

The price online is higher but better to get it now then not be able to. Like I said I am more afraid of what MD is going to do than the fed. Read an article today about how there was a poll running on how often the term "Gun ban" was used and when the shooting in CT happened it was off the chart, now with the fiscal cliff and everything else non-exisitant. Just goes to show how much of a knee jerk reaction our Government and media have.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD

um, actually the MD legislature proposed bills eliminating any non FTF transactions of ammunition, that means no more internet buying.

It also would force everyone who sells ammunition to get a special EXPENSIVE license, and any time you would buy more than 100 rounds it would considered a "bulk ammunition buy" and you would be reported to law enforcement and placed on a watch list.

This is all straight out of the bill.
    Ok Gents, Here is a little information

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr142
    H.R. 142: To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr138

H.R. 138: To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr141#overview
    H.R. 141: To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom