• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heysox

Aug 11, 2018
    A friend lost her dad and inherited a 1913 Erfurt 9mm Luger. Numbers match, excepting magazine, (3 digit serial #) and the finish is fair to good (I hope I look that good at 109 years old). She is keeping it as a family heirloom (WWII bring back by granddad). I told her occasional range use with standard pressure 9mm ammo would be okay. I stripped it down and gave it a gentle but thorough cleaning. I thought a few photos might be entertaining to share. She also inherited a hex receiver Mosin 91 and an interesting German Drilling in 16 gauge/9.3x57R. Drilling photos will be posted in a separate thread.

Attachments

• 20240305_135551.jpg
      20240305_135551.jpg
      456.7 KB · Views: 52
    • DSC_0037.JPG
      DSC_0037.JPG
      220.8 KB · Views: 52
    • DSC_0023.JPG
      DSC_0023.JPG
      181.5 KB · Views: 53

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    A friend lost her dad and inherited a 1913 Erfurt 9mm Luger. Numbers match, excepting magazine, (3 digit serial #) and the finish is fair to good (I hope I look that good at 109 years old). She is keeping it as a family heirloom (WWII bring back by granddad). I told her occasional range use with standard pressure 9mm ammo would be okay. I stripped it down and gave it a gentle but thorough cleaning. I thought a few photos might be entertaining to share. She also inherited a hex receiver Mosin 91 and an interesting German Drilling in 16 gauge/9.3x57R. Drilling photos will be posted in a separate thread.
    Did he keep the holster, etc?

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Very uncommon to find a WWI vintage Luger with a matching mag so that doesn't surprise me. Good news that everything else matches as non-matching Lugers do take a hit on value.
    What's most likely to be worth a lot is the drilling. I'm not well versed in them, but have seen some epic auction fights over them through the years.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    What's most likely to be worth a lot is the drilling. I'm not well versed in them, but have seen some epic auction fights over them through the years.
    Yep. Especially if they have a lot of embellishments like horn pistol grip extensions, carved hunting scenes, etc. The Germans, especially pre-WWI, went all in for over-the-top carving and hunting scenes.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Drillings were also used by the Luftwaffe as part of a survival kit. Ya wanna see crazy bidding? Look for one of these, esp. if it has the transit case, and watch the money fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom