• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MessedUpMike

Jan 29, 2011
    I was considering taking the upcoming class at CCJA and I wanted to know if I would get a decent enough return on my investment. I currently have a full time FD job that I'm not interested in leaving, but I'm looking for something other than swinging a hammer on the side for the rest of my life.

ateixeira

Don't know shit!
    Jan 5, 2009
    MD.
    Don't want to steer you away from good training but the industry is saturated with folks with lots of operational experience and knowledge of the subject matter. Many of the Jobs now are looking for applicants with recent deployments and specifically those with SOF backgrounds. With the draw downs overseas and reductions across the board expect those Jobs to get even harder to come by even for those meeting/exceeding the requirements.

Good luck.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    Agree with the above.

My suggestion: Take a good look at job listings from some of the larger providers - Triple Canopy, AlliedBarton, Aegis, G4S, Xe, and Giuliani, to name but a few. Make a list of the core education/experience/skills employers are seeking, and then list your qualifications. Identify where you are deficient and fill in the gaps as needed. It might take a few years and some sacrifice.

Yes, there is value to being a trigger puller. But the vast majority of domestic security workers never draw their weapon while on duty, let alone take a shot. There is equal if not more value in being organized, highly-motivated, analytical, and sharp.

MessedUpMike

Jan 29, 2011
    I'm not really looking to compete with the hard core shooters, I know I'd be out of my league there. I'm more looking for the low hanging fruit that guys would other wise turn down because it's not running into high dollar territory. Problem was I didn't even know where to start. Thanks for the direction.

Tom Perroni

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm not really looking to compete with the hard core shooters, I know I'd be out of my league there. I'm more looking for the low hanging fruit that guys would other wise turn down because it's not running into high dollar territory. Problem was I didn't even know where to start. Thanks for the direction.

Mike,

Give me a call (540) 322-3000 office or (540) 846-7088 cell and I will point you in the right direction.

Here are a few places to start your search:

To manage your @specopsnet.org membership, go to:
    http://specopsnet.org/mailman/listinfo/jobs_specopsnet.org

http://secureaspects.com/jobboard/su.php?h=075a8769

http://www.blackicesecurity.com

When looking for schools to teach EP you need to ask a few good?
    Who are the Instructors? What have they done who have they taught?
    Is the school recognized by the companies who are hiring EP Agents?

Remember there is a huge difference between CONUS and OCONUS work and to take it one step further EP work is broken down into: permissive, semi permissive and non permissive environments.

Give me a call and I will help point you in the right direction as someone who has done it and who has taught it to Special Agents and Contractors.

I hope this helps....My school may not be the right one for you....if not I will help get you where you need to go!

P.S. We DO NOT guarantee anyone work in this or any field......85% of graduates from my EP program work full time in the filed and I can give names and numbers to prove that. You will be hard pressed to find that elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom