• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    alright guys heres the scoop for today. he said that its an NcSTAR

I just went on to there website and cannot find the model, so I dont know.

Yes i spelled meu worng, sorry i work on jets, not type.

The guy that i talked to about the optic is a grunt, and i am not, the hole supply deal is what he told me happened to him.

All that i wanted this thread to be was hey i may have found an alternative to an eotec, and once i got the exact make and model see if there has been members using them.

Right now hes not putting anybodys life in danger by blasting some round on the flight deck, and seeing that it has held up. Now if and when they go ground pounding will he bring it into combat? who knows.

I do have one comment though about dangering all the other marines hes with, i guess you have a negative take on when we didnt have as many DMR rifles as needed and people where building DMR clones on there own? Or shotguns that were built to breach doors that just appeared and were not issued and units would pass them to the unit releiving them?

I am a Marine grunt among other things (not active anymore),DMRs are different, so are breaching guns, put togethers are fine for those, but when you are talking about the piece of the fireteam that is there for superior firepower and GTFOH weapon you dont mess with it, PM me his or your info, I will be down at HQMC tomorrow and I will let someone know, and that is no bullshiat.
    You qork on Jets, would you use a knock off piece and install it on the Jet? Didnt think so

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    If anyone here has loved ones deployed to Afghanistan, they are in the fight, and you want to send them useful kit, the following will have them thanking you:

- A good tactical tomahawk from the likes of RMJ Tactical (Shrike) . They are expensive, but they will give you a discount for a deployed service member, and bump you up on the waiting list. They will use it more than you know and it will be a heirloom.

- Highend mountain boots like Lowa or Asolo. Make sure their CoC approves first and most are OK with it.

- Mystery Ranch three day assault pack with BVS system. This system allows the pack to ride correctly with body armor. It is available in Multicam which is now approved for Army and coyote for USMC.

I got my nephew all three and he has stories and pictures associated with every item and always thanks me when I talk to him.

Last edited:

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    well now that i got the general idea that the ncstar stuff sucks, that answered my question.

Brother, if you want to use that stuff for your range guns then that's fine, but don't ever compromise yours or anyone else's life to save a few bucks. Doesn't sound like this "grunt" you are talking to is seeing much action hanging out on a flight deck out at sea, which is probably a good thing. Matter of fact he may just have a grunt M.O.S and hasn't ever seen a real FMF unit yet, it happens. Is he part of boat security, just curious? I am just trying to figure out what a grunt is doing on a carrier, unless you are a harrier squadron in which case it could be an LPH.

I know you don't type but please don't make excuses for getting a Marine Unit designation incorrect, take the time to read what you are typing. Wear that Eagle, Globe and Anchor with pride young man and always double check yourself when you type something about a branch of service that is known for being perfect. ;):D

There is a butt load of experience talking to you in this thread and you need to read and heed their advice. It is rare that you will see this much experience on a small forum like this, use it to your advantage. I can tell you that I know a couple of them personally and they really know what they are talking about.

Semper Fi!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    And im pretty sure that if it can survive one six month deployment, with a marine blasting the heck out of his saw, that it would be fine on an ar. He also said that its been on his ar for two years now, and hasnt had a problem with it on that either.

If a Marine can't find a way to break it, no one can... :innocent0

s14

Nov 15, 2009
    When i get back, I'll make sure to wear a name tag at the next shoot. And I didn't know this forum was like that.

s14

Nov 15, 2009
    He asked a question and you jumped his shit. That optic IS NOT ACCEPTABLE for a life dependent weapon would've been just fine. And no, ncstar barely belongs on a bb gun. But not everyone has diarrhea of the wallet for an rco.

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    When i get back, I'll make sure to wear a name tag at the next shoot. And I didn't know this forum was like that.

Duly noted. And if by "this forum was like that", you mean "this forum tends to take a member's quality posts into account when they say something", then yes.

He asked a question and you jumped his shit. That optic IS NOT ACCEPTABLE for a life dependent weapon would've been just fine. And no, ncstar barely belongs on a bb gun. But not everyone has diarrhea of the wallet for an rco.

As was pointed out earlier in the thread, many here are prior or current service and took it seriously. Please fill out a DA Form WF1, April 2009. Consult FM 22-102 dated April 09 for instructions.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    As was pointed out earlier in the thread, many here are prior or current service and took it seriously. Please fill out a DA Form WF1, April 2009. Consult FM 22-102 dated April 09 for instructions.

hurt-feelings-report.jpg

s14

Nov 15, 2009
    Wow. I'm printing it out now. That's very convenient, thanks a bunch sir. I'll fill it out after I get done crying!

ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County

The people I know in this thread refuse to put a price on their brothers.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Nothing wrong with that. But I guess when you have 2000 posts or 6000 posts, your life is well over and you have nothing better to do.

Oh so well put. I can see you'll be around here for a long time.

I'll let you in on a secret here Skippy, you don't walk into a bar you've never been in acting like Billy bad ass. You usually get your ass kicked.

There ALOT of good people here, many of whom have actually served and continue to do so.
    Take your whining somewhere else.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    yes im on an LHA, the nassau, and im an airframer on the AV8B.

whenever we go out we always bring grunts with us, due to us going from being on the ship to then going to the ground. Im pretty sure we brought 2/7 out with us this time, but dont quote me on that one, ive had a hell of a night working tonight.

But i do see what alot of you guys pointed out, and when i got to get an optic for my ar it does make sense to dish out the extra 100 bucks just so that i know that it will be a dependable set up. Hopefully i didnt up set or rile up too many people by starting this thread.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Let's keep it on track gentlmen, and here's my 2 cents.

Don't let anybody use a low cost piece like an NC Star on their battle gear. My Nc Star 3x9 has been awesome on my 20" HBAR for the past 5 years, but knowing that it cost me a whopping $60 I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth squat under battlefield abuse.

Please, don't waste your time or the forum's bandwidth proliferating arguments with those that don't get it. We're a pretty good community here and most of us know how we can talk to each other. I learned a long time ago that I need not appreciate the tone in which outstanding info is delivered as long as it's delivered with good intentions and by somebody credible. Fortunately we have plenty of credible people here who are the best of the best in various shooting topics.

To the new guys, see the paragraph above. Don't get yourself worked up because you don't like what you're reading. You have a choice; you can read the quality info here and partake in the conversation respectfully, or you can participate in other forums. Most of the members here have been around a long time and have relationships with each other outside of this forum, thus they communicate with each other as they would in person. The longer you're here and participate productively, the more you'll understand that and earn the right to do the same.

End of sermon.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    But i do see what alot of you guys pointed out, and when i got to get an optic for my ar it does make sense to dish out the extra 100 bucks just so that i know that it will be a dependable set up. Hopefully i didnt up set or rile up too many people by starting this thread.

Not at all. The info being produced here might save some Marines' lives. Well worth a little pot stirring.

If I can work on the spring shoot raffle enough to get some prizes like we did for the big fall shoot, I'll make sure we donate a good chunk of the money to buying some much needed equipment for Marines needing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom