• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    CBD and other groups filed a similar petition in August 2010, but the EPA declined to weigh in on ammo. The groups then sued to try to get the EPA to regulate lead in bullets, but the lawsuit was dismissed last September. Now they're asking the EPA to reconsider, which I'm sure the Obama administration would love to do in the middle of an election year.

Please? No.

Pretty please? No.

Super-duper election year please?

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Lead is some really bad crap for everybody. Isn't there a reasonable alternative yet?
    It's only harmful in dust or other dissolved form. Solid lumps of it like bullets or birdshot doesn't affect us. They only figured it was bad for waterfowl because they'd ingest it and it would grind in their gizzards and thus become small enough to enter the bloodstream, hence why steel shot is required for ducks and geese. The documented cases of people being affected by lead poisoning is from indoor ranges due to bullets hitting the backstop and lead vapors from lead compounds in primers.

The California lead ban was based on environmentalists and/or the Joyce Foundation (funding supplier of the Bradys, LCAV, CeaseFire, et al.) paying California scientists to come up with "studies" that endangered California condors "might" be ingesting lead from dead varmints and unretrieved game animals shot with lead bullets. "MIGHT" being the key word--they proved nothing, gave very little data, no controls for environmental factors like lead being a naturally occurring element found in soil and rocks, and committed basically fraud through and through, but the CA legislature being anti gun took it as if handed directly from God.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I don't hunt so no eagles are harmed when I go shooting.
    Anyone who wants to take my lead bullets can have them... one at a time and traveling at many hundreds of feet per second!

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    is it me, or is this lead already naturally occurring in nature?? It's not like Depleted Uranium! And I am more than a little skeptical of there numbers of how many animals died of lead poisoning.

Furious George

May 10, 2010
    So what?

Petition all you want.

The EPA does not have the authority to regulate ammunition.

Congress isn't going to give it to them.

You might as well ask the FAA to ban lead in ammunition.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Eagles sometimes fry themselves with our electrical wiring/transformers/power substations, so we should ban electricity.

There's a mature bald eagle that has been hanging around MD Line recently. I guess it will die of lead poisoning soon since about every other property has hunters on it all season, and about 9 in 10 have people target shooting year round on them. LOL

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    According to the same eco-terrorist groups, windmill power plants are killing birds by the trillions. Yet, when I've looked at the base of them, I don't see the huge piles of bird carcasses. (weird)

And don't forget that there was also a study that upwards of 200 million birds are killed each year by house cats and up to 10x the number by feral cats!

knownalien

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD.
    And don't forget that there was also a study that upwards of 200 million birds are killed each year by house cats and up to 10x the number by feral cats!

don't be silly. there is plenty of research to back up that claim. Plenty of selectively peer-reviewed studies locked away in emails somewhere. Lots of evidence that shows a windwill on one picture and a dead bird in another. the conclusion is obvious! And trillions are only the ones that get reported. If you include that ones that don't, it is more than the number of birds in existence! So this is serious.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    don't be silly. there is plenty of research to back up that claim. Plenty of selectively peer-reviewed studies locked away in emails somewhere. Lots of evidence that shows a windwill on one picture and a dead bird in another. the conclusion is obvious! And trillions are only the ones that get reported. If you include that ones that don't, it is more than the number of birds in existence! So this is serious.

Jeepers! You're right! What ever was I thinking :rolleyes::lol:

We'll all have to go back to wood or coal for heat, tallow candles or whale oil for light and buckets from the creek for drinking water right away.

4th world economy here we come!
    :sad20:

Sure hope we don't end up like the other 4th world ecology's with forests denuded for heating wood, all the animals killed for tallow and the water unfit for any purpose (like the Ganges). Heck, won't be long until we are all back to the same life style as the pre-Columbian American Natives. You know, tribal warfare, women as slaves and sex objects, 100% infection rate with SD's, life expectancy of 40 years, health care being guy in a buffalo robe shaking feathers and chanting, etc etc. Sounds great! Can't wait!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As long as money is no object Tungeston in shot matrix , or bullet cores is great stuff , and in some aspects can exceede lead. But it's way expensive , and nothing can keep up with ALL the good qualities of lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom