• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    Harford engraving's Website indicates they no longer do firearms. Does anyone know where else I can get my lower engraved near Essex MD?

Thanks
    Chris

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Last time I contacted Harford engraving (which was about a month or two ago) they stated "We are not taking on any customer supplied projects. We do not have the time available to dedicate to you project that it deserves. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    Please let me know if you find anybody good olzkool. I'm shaving a helluva time trying to find someone local to Essex/Middle River. I have a bunch of engraving work I need done and I can't find anyone local. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and send it out somewhere non-local. I have a very nice Tag and some jewelry I needed to have engraved ASAP for the birth of my brother's first born so I've been going nuts trying to find a local engraver...even someone with a laser setup. Either they won't work on something you provide or its the same story as Harford. I'm starting to thing I need to get some engraver's tools and a laser engraving machine and start making some cash! If that kid's crappy work on American Guns is passing as great work I think I can make a killing!

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Southern Cross said:
    Please let me know if you find anybody good olzkool. I'm shaving a helluva time trying to find someone local to Essex/Middle River. I have a bunch of engraving work I need done and I can't find anyone local. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and send it out somewhere non-local. I have a very nice Tag and some jewelry I needed to have engraved ASAP for the birth of my brother's first born so I've been going nuts trying to find a local engraver...even someone with a laser setup. Either they won't work on something you provide or its the same story as Harford. I'm starting to thing I need to get some engraver's tools and a laser engraving machine and start making some cash! If that kid's crappy work on American Guns is passing as great work I think I can make a killing!

I researched the equipment a good bit. Lol! It's not bad from a business perspective.

I was fortunate to find a mom and pop store in Delaware that did my lower. Run by very nice women who were firearm friendly. Lady said bring whatever just not loaded. It's a scribe machine though. The lady went to .005 on 4 or 5 passes so flaking was not bad and it's under trigger guard.

Anyway, hope you guys find someone. Let us know if you find a good shop with rotory.

olzkool

Feb 20, 2009
    Baltimore
    I gave up. I needed some stuff coated anyway so I just sent all of my gear to Customized Creationz. Todd does good work but I wanted it local so I didnn't have to wait so damn long. I'm definitely looking into getting some equiptment and playing around to see how hard it is.

Southern Cross

Oct 2, 2007
    Chase, MD
    I looked into some of the engraving and laser machines a bit last night. Way over my head. They had some cheap "hobby" engravers but it looked like they were designed to cut wood and the like...nothing substantial. They did have some pretty hardcore machines but the pricing was insane. If I thought I could make a go of it I wold invest in one and put the family to work!

I also found this place called Fino Jewelers. They used to be in the Avenue at White Marsh and actually did some work for me years ago. They are in Nottingham now. I am going to swing by this week and check them out. They said they do computerized engraving so I'm guessing they might be able to hook us up. I'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom