• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    Hows it going guys? I just got a job at Engage Armament, LLC as a Firearms Instructor. I'm waiting for the admins to activate my account so until then I will be posting from here. My new web handle will be Engage Instructor and I will be promoting future classes. Just to give you a sneak peek of what we have in the works, here is a list of the courses we are developing right now:

-Engage Basic Pistol Course
    -Engage Basic Shotgun Course
    -Engage Basic Rifle Course
    -Engage Advanced Tactical Rifle Course
    -Engage Advanced Tactical Pistol Course
    -Engage Home Defense Pistol Course
    -Engage Home Defense Shotgun Course

Currently, I am in the process of getting NRA Certified as an Instructor. Although Engage Armament, LLC will be providing a certificate for the successful completion of these sponsored courses, we do not claim that these classes will grant a certificate that will be valid as "prerequisite" for more advanced accredited training. However, we are working towards that goal during the initial planning and developing stages for these courses.

These courses will be created and run primarily by yours truly with input from the rest of the Engage Armament LLC staff. We are looking at the December-January time frame to start the initial Engage Basic Pistol/ Home Defense Courses. Keep checking back for the news about future courses because I will be posting them as soon as they are available.

Tom Perroni

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Good Luck with your training!

I noticed you use PipeHitter1316 were you or are you a contractor?

What did or do you do for MARSOC? I have a training contract in Sneads Ferry NC teaching TCCC/LTT and CQB to MARSOC.

You’re not an OPNAV (Navy) Firearms Instructor or USMC small arms Instructor?
    I was never in the Corps but T-Com made sure I have that training.....

Oh well Good Luck!

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    Dont get me screwed up, everything im about to say is completely truthful. I AM NOT AN OPERATOR, I WAS AN ENABLER TO THE OPERATORS. By the way you run a great TCCC course, i never had to use that training in afghanistan but i learned alot. But anyways i was in the support group, engineers section as a welder but about a year into my contract they sent me to the 0933 Combat Marksmanship Coach School on Stone Bay in Camp Lejeune where i was qualified as a Marksmanship Instructor for Annual Rifle and Pistol Qualification. I used the annual qualification as a medium to assess and grow my understanding of marksmanship and its faults in the host shooters technique. The MOS school helped me enable support group unit sponsered firearms training in various locations on camp lejeune for enabler marines. I understand the need for justification when you claim to be a military firearms instructor and i have the certificates for anyone who wants them. I am not and never was a SOF firearms instructor i just had the pleasure of getting input from being is a SOF unit and teaching SOF marine enablers. I hope this is enough justification for you.

Tom Perroni

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2009
    Virginia
    Dont get me screwed up, everything im about to say is completely truthful. I AM NOT AN OPERATOR, I WAS AN ENABLER TO THE OPERATORS. By the way you run a great TCCC course, i never had to use that training in afghanistan but i learned alot. But anyways i was in the support group, engineers section as a welder but about a year into my contract they sent me to the 0933 Combat Marksmanship Coach School on Stone Bay in Camp Lejeune where i was qualified as a Marksmanship Instructor for Annual Rifle and Pistol Qualification. I used the annual qualification as a medium to assess and grow my understanding of marksmanship and its faults in the host shooters technique. The MOS school helped me enable support group unit sponsered firearms training in various locations on camp lejeune for enabler marines. I understand the need for justification when you claim to be a military firearms instructor and i have the certificates for anyone who wants them. I am not and never was a SOF firearms instructor i just had the pleasure of getting input from being is a SOF unit and teaching SOF marine enablers. I hope this is enough justification for you.

First...Thank you for your service! Second Thank You for putting your info out in the open! I'm sure you will do just fine. We have way to many folks on this forum who took a class and now they are Tactical/Combat Defensive EXPERTS.

SOF teams can't operate without support.

I wish you luck! Let me know how I can assist you!

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    And Thank you very much for the awesome training!!! I Hope in the future i will never have to use the training but its better have it and not need it then need it and not have it!!

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    For those who are wondering where these classes are being held, we are planning that now. We want to use a local indoor range such as Gilberts or use the company owned range in Thurmont. Again nothing is set in stone and we will keep everyone as up-to-date as possible.

querty

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2011
    For those who are wondering where these classes are being held, we are planning that now. We want to use a local indoor range such as Gilberts or use the company owned range in Thurmont. Again nothing is set in stone and we will keep everyone as up-to-date as possible.

Thanks for the update.

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD
    are there any prerequisites or required material(weapons, ammo, gear, etc) to any of these classes?? i've been around guns since a child so i wouldn't sign up for an intro or basic class, but would love to take tactical classes and/or home deffense.

john

Jester1341

Pro Judge
    Apr 22, 2010
    Clear Spring, MD

i've been to gilberts once just to check it out, dont they male you buy thier ammo?, and dont they charge a buttload to shoot there? would this make the classes 'expensive'?

john

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Why take a class that has no cert merit? Not being a dick, just asking.

We're actually still in the midst of setting these classes up. If your goal is to get paper certifications and diplomas then our courses will not be for you. If you just need some piece of paper for a concealed carry permit then there are plenty of NRA instructors out there. If you actually want to run and gun and learn tangible skills then hopefully you learn a great deal from the courses we're setting up.

Like I said, we're still setting everything up and we should have classes set up by December.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Why take a class that has no cert merit? Not being a dick, just asking.

Let's ask Tom, since he has posted here, does he and his company accept every other groups training certificate or do you sometimes require people to take the basic class despite them having a piece of paper saying that they completed a class?

In other words, is there in firearms training a universally accepted standard for training?

In scuba diving, the training classes are accepted as being equal. A NAUI basic class is accepted by SSI or PADI.

(NAUI, SSI and PADI are scuba training and certifying agencies.)

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    i've been to gilberts once just to check it out, dont they male you buy thier ammo?, and dont they charge a buttload to shoot there? would this make the classes 'expensive'?

john

Well there is plenty of other things that go into the overall price of the course. I have taught over 300+ shooters over the past three years in both an individual and group capacity. With that being said i will be as fair as possible in pricing to make both parties happy.

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    Let's ask Tom, since he has posted here, does he and his company accept every other groups training certificate or do you sometimes require people to take the basic class despite them having a piece of paper saying that they completed a class?

In other words, is there in firearms training a universally accepted standard for training?

In scuba diving, the training classes are accepted as being equal. A NAUI basic class is accepted by SSI or PADI.

(NAUI, SSI and PADI are scuba training and certifying agencies.)

I couldnt have said it better myself no the Engage Armament LLC Cert that you get when you complete a course will make you eligible for other Engage Armament LLC Courses. Until we get a large fan base and credibility, our course certs will mean nothing to other companies. Until we are evaluated by other companies and corporations as a education that is recognized, it will be just a piece of paper. I promise that what I lack in certification I will prosper in the student shooters knowledge and manipulation of the firearm discipline being taught.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Engage folks, please remember that not everyone works M-F 8-5. Having the ability to schedule classes, maybe even with a higher cost, for those who want a mid week class would be a good thing.

PipeHitter1316

, , Engage Instructor
    Industry Partner
    Oct 2, 2011
    Engage folks, please remember that not everyone works M-F 8-5. Having the ability to schedule classes, maybe even with a higher cost, for those who want a mid week class would be a good thing.
    We are taking that into account and we will be providing private and group courses but again we will keep everyone as updated as possible on the 5 W's on whats going on with these courses!:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom