• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    With all the emails we are sending to Annapolis has anybody on the lower shore ever received a response from Charles Otto or James Mathias?
    I get responses from lots of delegates but never from the two that are supposed to represent me. Most responses are form letters but nothing from these two.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Got one from Jim after sending 12 e-mails and calling his office. Next time I wrote him I'll just knock on his door when I deliver the mail.

Jim is a Comehere from the Western Shore. But has lived in OC for a long time. Raised his family there as well.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    I finally got a reply from Mathias as well. Judging by other post I saw on MDS I think we all got replies around the same time.

HollowPoint

Aged Member
    Sep 13, 2011
    Inside the Outside
    From Jim Mathias:

Addressed to ME

Just a quick update to let you know I voted against the Governor's Gun Bill, SB 281.
    Colleagues on both sides of the aisle tirelessly joined me over the past three days attempting to persuade the majority of the Maryland Senate, of the root causes of heinous gun violence: mental health issues, increased non paroled sentencing for gun crime perpetrators, societal realities affecting behavior such as video games and movies depicting mass murder and violence are the real issues not adequately addressed through this legislation. These issues, not additional burdens of costly permits, training and other required processes placed upon law abiding citizens, most effectively address gun violence.

I was joined in my vote by both Republican and Democratic Senate colleagues, who have served the good citizens of Maryland and the Eastern Shore for years. Although we fell short, I remain dedicated to provide the utmost public safety for you and your family in our schools, public places, and throughout our community, while protecting and preserving your constitutional rights and freedoms.

Always working for you,

Jim

Senator James N. Mathias, Jr.
    Senate of Maryland, 401 Miller Office Building
    District 38 - Somerset, Wicomico & Worcester Counties
    800 492 7122 x-3645# 410 841 3645 (F) 410 841 3006

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member