• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    At the IRS/Lerner hearing today

Lerner pleads the 5th (again), while Cummings runs interference for her ... and Obama.

Cummings gets his comeuppance ...

Immediately after Issa adjourned, Democratic Oversight Committee Ranking Member Rep. Elijah Cummings angrily blasted Issa’s efforts. Issa ignored Cummings and shut off the Democrat’s microphone.

“Mr. Chairman, you cannot run a committee like this,” Cummings shouted, calling Issa’s inquiry a “one-sided investigation” and saying, “We’re better than this as a country.”

“I am a member of the Congress of the United States of America, and I am tired of this,” Cummings shouted.

“Close it down,” Issa said, releasing Lerner and angrily cutting Cummings’ microphone.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yes but the band of bastards claim... "not a smidgeon of corruption with the IRS". :rolleyes:

****I saw Lois Lerner's testimony and Cummings rant afterwards towards Issa. Issa had Cummings mic turned off.

If this had happened under a Republican admin, where the IRS was targeting progressive groups it would be front page news in the Post and headline news on ABC, CBS, NBC, etc.. for weeks with talks of corruption and all sorts of vitriol. The mainstream media is corrupt and they are absolutely burying just how outrageous this big scandal is - they make it sound like it was just a couple of rogue agents in Cincinnati as opposed to the email trail going straight to Washington, DC. Almost 100% of the organizations applying for 501c status were tea party and conservative groups that were singled out for blatantly political reasons in the run up towards the 2012 presidential elections. They not only went after the organizations, but went after the people applying for this status personally through audits, the EPA, OSHA, and other organizations harassing their private business's, workplaces, etc.. It's *really* ugly what these people had to contend with by officers representing the government. This is absolutely Banana Republic stuff.

Lois Lerner was forced to retire and *should* be held in contempt for her earlier diatribe before pleading the 5th. The death threats that woman is allegedly getting would not surprise me in the least if it was from cronies of the Obama administration wanting to shut her up lest the truth of how far up this scandal went comes out.

This should upset liberals and conservatives alike as this WILL poison the well and cause things like this to become more the norm against BOTH sides as retribution. This is no doubt part of the fundamental transformation of the USA Obama promised us all - unfortunately we didn't find out until AFTER the election.

Disgusting.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    ****I saw Lois Lerner's testimony and Cummings rant afterwards towards Issa. Issa had Cummings mic turned off.

If this had happened under a Republican admin, where the IRS was targeting progressive groups it would be front page news in the Post and headline news on ABC, CBS, NBC, etc.. for weeks with talks of corruption and all sorts of vitriol. The mainstream media is corrupt and they are absolutely burying just how outrageous this big scandal is - they make it sound like it was just a couple of rogue agents in Cincinnati as opposed to the email trail going straight to Washington, DC. Almost 100% of the organizations applying for 501c status were tea party and conservative groups that were singled out for blatantly political reasons in the run up towards the 2012 presidential elections. They not only went after the organizations, but went after the people applying for this status personally through audits, the EPA, OSHA, and other organizations harassing their private business's, workplaces, etc.. It's *really* ugly what these people had to contend with by officers representing the government. This is absolutely Banana Republic stuff.

Lois Lerner was forced to retire and *should* be held in contempt for her earlier diatribe before pleading the 5th. The death threats that woman is allegedly getting would not surprise me in the least if it was from cronies of the Obama administration wanting to shut her up lest the truth of how far up this scandal went comes out.

This should upset liberals and conservatives alike as this WILL poison the well and cause things like this to become more the norm against BOTH sides as retribution. This is no doubt part of the fundamental transformation of the USA Obama promised us all - unfortunately we didn't find out until AFTER the election.

Disgusting.

Hopefully the worm will turn and conservatives will control ALL 3 branches of govt in two years. (asking for a lot I know) The investigations may have the potential to put a LOT of thee scumbags in jail for long time. Somehow the "not a smidgen of corruption" doesn't ring true. Even the stupid sub human pos that put him in ought to realize it. :mad54:

Learner should be flogged along with those she's protecting.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm surprised Issa didn't immunise Lerner from prosecution to force her to testify. I doubt he's got bigger fish to go after, at least none whom he can compel to talk.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    And the former irs commissioner visited the white house over a hundred times to discuss healthcare,he could have picked up the phone for that,then obummer set the direction of the doj by saying not a smidgen of corruption.Yhea right so why is legal counsil advising against self incrimination?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I heard a bunch of yak on WBAL this morning about how Issa "misbehaved" in yesterday's hearing. Total BS. I don't always agree with Issa and his tactics, but to me this was a no brainer.

Lehner was subpoenaed for the second time. She appeared after her lawyer unequivocally confirmed (late last week) in writing that she would actually testify. Then she appeared and pled the 5th. While that's her right, Issa was understandably frustrated at the last minute change and the complete waste of time, and taxpayer money for everyone to be at the hearing.

For his part Cummings wanted to address a point of procedure but couldn't articulate one at the moment, so the hearing was shut down. After-the-fact, Cummings tried to explain to the press that all he wanted to do was to allow Lehner's lawyer to "proffer" what she would have said if she didn't plead the 5th and actually testified.

So the folks on WBAL and many of the callers jumped on Issa for not allowing open "debate." Well excuse me, but they weren't there to debate a bill. It was a Congressional inquiry, and the opportunity, time, and place for a subpoenaed witness to testify - period. Once she pled the 5th it was over. Whatever her lawyer might have "proffered" she would say is not the least bit relevant. Even if that was what Cummings had in mind (I doubt it) that would have turned a Congressional Investigative Hearing into nothing more than an opportunity to "spin" a story, and not actually obtain sworn testimony.

Kudos to Issa for having the backbone not to play Cummings game. I hope they get to the bottom of this, and IF guilty of a crime, Lehner is adequately punished to include losing her pension.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I heard a bunch of yak on WBAL this morning about how Issa "misbehaved" in yesterday's hearing. Total BS. I don't always agree with Issa and his tactics, but to me this was a no brainer.

Lehner was subpoenaed for the second time. She appeared after her lawyer unequivocally confirmed (late last week) in writing that she would actually testify. Then she appeared and pled the 5th. While that's her right, Issa was understandably frustrated at the last minute change and the complete waste of time, and taxpayer money for everyone to be at the hearing.

For his part Cummings wanted to address a point of procedure but couldn't articulate one at the moment, so the hearing was shut down. After-the-fact, Cummings tried to explain to the press that all he wanted to do was to allow Lehner's lawyer to "proffer" what she would have said if she didn't plead the 5th and actually testified.

So the folks on WBAL and many of the callers jumped on Issa for not allowing open "debate." Well excuse me, but they weren't there to debate a bill. It was a Congressional inquiry, and the opportunity, time, and place for a subpoenaed witness to testify - period. Once she pled the 5th it was over. Whatever her lawyer might have "proffered" she would say is not the least bit relevant. Even if that was what Cummings had in mind (I doubt it) that would have turned a Congressional Investigative Hearing into nothing more than an opportunity to "spin" a story, and not actually obtain sworn testimony.

Kudos to Issa for having the backbone not to play Cummings game. I hope they get to the bottom of this, and IF guilty of a crime, Lehner is adequately punished to include losing her pension.

Cummings is NEVER articulate.

Since his plea was a 'point of procedure', he should have succinctly stated it as such, instead he blathered on making no sense whatsoever towards his parliamentary request. The fact that the YouTube video has been removed (which I downloaded and will post if anyone cares) shows that Issa was justified and vindicated, and I assume that Cummings probably forced CSPAN to have it pulled so as to have a not-so public record of his outburst. And now the Dems have the MSM doing a 'cover-up' backstory ...

All Cummings wanted to do is pontificate ... something that he does quite well, and in keeping with the title of this thread ...

"Elijah Cummings - An Embarrassment to Maryland "

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Cummings not being able to help himself continues to run a smidgen of interference for the bastard :sad20:

Once a new set of lawmakers are elected, hopefully there will be jail time for ALL involved. :mad54:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Cummings not being able to help himself continues to run a smidgen of interference for the bastard :sad20:

Once a new set of lawmakers are elected, hopefully there will be jail time for ALL involved. :mad54:

****The jail time thing will not happen. If the guys hanging outside of a voting area with billy clubs intimidating potential voters while saying crazy stuff didn't get jail time due to the justice dept refusing to prosecute, I seriously doubt anyone will get anything other than a slap on the wrist for what has happened in this (according to the MSM) nothing burger of a "scandal". It's really disgusting.

I work with crazy liberal people here in MoCo - they are so blind to just how serious any of this Banana Republic stuff going on with the IRS is that they blame ISSA for even bringing up this issue again and think Cummings is some kind of hero!!! :crazy:

If we win the Senate back, the new head of the Senate will say wait until we have the presidency....If we win the presidency and have both houses they will say that their hands are tied and to move on to get rid of the Tea Party and more conservative members whose constituencies but their asses into power in the first place! :mad54:

Mr H

Banana'd

Cummings lost all credibility when he doubled down on Gun Control after his nephew's murder.

The kid wanted protection in his apartment while at ODU, and for whatever reason (I knew, once upon a) didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom