• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No offense, but how as an FFL do you not know this?

They read/listened to MSP , figuring that the LD would actually know their own procedures . ( Generous interpretation )

They know MSP is talking out their collective a$$es , but also know if they piss off LD , the chances of payback are greater than zero . ( Cynical)

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Yeah, at least my dogs are safe from the forces of Law and Order.

I made certain to mention to the dealer that I understood they'd received an email from MSP about the pistol misidentification. There was an "I'm sorry" in the conversation stream, IIRC, so that's of some comfort.
    Does that mean your pistol identifies as a rifle?

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I had to wait probably 7 or 8 weeks back in 2013 from an IP here because they wouldn't release. Will never buy another firearm from them.
    I had to wait about four months and because MSP didn't "Not Disapprove" me until after Oct 1 (I think it was around the 3rd or 4th) the IP made me get an HQL to pick up the pistol I originally paid for in June.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    So here's the law statute for you folks, pertaining to applications placed "On Hold". They differ from a no response. This is quoted from law, not interpretation.

View attachment 419931

I am not your legal counsel and this is not legal advice, but if you look at the statute closely, it appears there are two situations where you can't release:

"on hold because of an open disposition of a criminal proceedings against the firearm applicant"

or

"disapproved"

But it's definitely something you don't want to mess around with for sure.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Got up this fine 4th of July morning to find that the MSP have finally decided to Not Disapprove me.

Very big of them. I shall retrieve my pistol tomorrow, may it please the Crown.

(Frankly, I'm surprised they're at work today, unless the system is automated to hold for the allowed 7 days).

Edit: Looks like NICS check came thru 6/30. Prolly sent into queue Monday for release.

Jul 1, 2012
    I was quite surprised to get a Not Disapproved today (7/4) too for a pistol submitted 7 days ago (last Tuesday).

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm guessing automated process.

For me, NICS Friday, reviewed and not disapproved Monday, popped into queue for email next day, which would be today.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    So they can do not-disapproved emails on a holiday that isn’t a Monday? Another check mark in the “this state is dumb” column.

I got bumped because of Juneteenth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom