• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What it says. Did the e-paperwork at the gun shop on 6/15. Expected to be Not Disapproved last Friday, or certainly by today.

Nope.

If I don't get the email by tomorrow, I plan to call the shop and see if they'll release anyway.

Maryland always delivers, in its own passive-aggressive fashion.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    What it says. Did the e-paperwork at the gun shop on 6/15. Expected to be Not Disapproved last Friday, or certainly by today.

Nope.

If I don't get the email by tomorrow, I plan to call the shop and see if they'll release anyway.

Why wait until tomorrow?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County

Nope.

I know you hate the portal, but what does it say? Still under review? Anything under the messages section/tab?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Shop closed Mondays.

Portal says still in review.

beetles

MDS Supporter
    Dec 19, 2021
    Holiday and two Sundays in your time frame.
    The legislation does not exclude either holidays or Sundays. It specifies a straight continuous day count from the day the application is filed which counts as the first day. The withholding of "not disapproved" beyond ten days is not in compliance with the law. It is really abuse.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is the same app that suffered the debit card theft? Maybe things got a little delayed from that?

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I’ve had more than I can count not get extended by holidays or sundays. While they may be able to extend the wait they are typically ahead by a day or two so I guess it doesn’t come up.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is the same app that suffered the debit card theft? Maybe things got a little delayed from that?
    No, that was much later.

Also, isn't the whole process automated thru the MSP site? Once I feed them their ten bucks, the process should be out of the dealer's hands. Further, the MSP site lists the 6/15 date when I originated the process.

BTW, I don't do Apps. I can reach MDS and my online bank thru my phone's internet, but the only real apps I have are a link to my outside security cameras, and a book collection software link to their program, which I hate so much I never access it.

So the only real possibility is that they've been monitoring my posts on MDS, and they hate me as much as HK does. I should probably hide my dogs.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    No, that was much later.

Also, isn't the whole process automated thru the MSP site? Once I feed them their ten bucks, the process should be out of the dealer's hands. Further, the MSP site lists the 6/15 date when I originated the process.

BTW, I don't do Apps. I can reach MDS and my online bank thru my phone's internet, but the only real apps I have are a link to my outside security cameras, and a book collection software link to their program, which I hate so much I never access it.

So the only real possibility is that they've been monitoring my posts on MDS, and they hate me as much as HK does. I should probably hide my dogs.
    Apps is just my way of shortening the process. I mean application. I'm thinking you'll find something out tomorrow... :fingerscrossed:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Check the MSP portal for a message from them. I had a delay and they contacted me about it. My middle name didn't match the DMV records. My 77R had "B" (pretty sure that autofilled from previous 77 R's but now it was a problem) They wanted the entire "Benjamin"

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    A regulated item cannot be legally released until the MSP approve it; regardless of time waited. It doesn't work like the Brady Law with long guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom