• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hockeynut

Feb 9, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Did anybody just catch the segment on WUSA 9 with Eleanor Holmes Norton.

I love how she said," Residents can go to neighboring states and stock pile weapons they can get at a gun show."

Ugh......

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    She's one of the most rabid anti's in the Congress. Thankfully she currently has no vote and the legislation that gives her one also repeals DC's gun laws.

hockeynut

Feb 9, 2009
    Montgomery County
    She's one of the most rabid anti's in the Congress. Thankfully she currently has no vote and the legislation that gives her one also repeals DC's gun laws.

I would like to know what gun show(s) she is going to and what we can stock pile on. Shot guns or hunting rifles? In the same sentence she was talking about 50 cal rifles and being in a city were all the politicians are could lead to disaster.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    They're all idiots. Someone here posted some funny you tube videos a while ago and I remember one politician saying that you could buy heat seeking tracers.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    For a while DD was giving them away to the post whore of the month winner. I got two cases. Sadly they were also lost in that tragic fishing accident.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I would like to know what gun show(s) she is going to and what we can stock pile on. Shot guns or hunting rifles? In the same sentence she was talking about 50 cal rifles and being in a city were all the politicians are could lead to disaster.

If it were to happen, I'm not sure I'd call that a disaster... :innocent0

Seriously, that woman is nuttier than a squirrel turd. Haven't you seen her on the Colbert Report? She comes across as a real nutjob.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Eleanor Holmes Norton is a total idiot. She was also the one that said that becuse of the Bush order making national parks comply with concealed carry laws of the state they are located in, that the DC mall would be crawling with people packing heat. WELL HELLO!! EARTH TO ELANOR!! DC DOES NOT ALLOW CONCEALED CARRY!!!! :rolleyes:

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I don't care what people's personalities are. Working in the IT field I've worked with some real wackos (like engineers) but really knew their stuff and could get the job done.

How can she be a leader among her people when she doesn't even understand what she is saying? Saying stuff in a crazy way is one thing, but saying crazy stuff is another.

Do people just not care about what she is saying, but only how she is saying it? (I guess this goes for most politicians)

I know Eleanor. I've interviewed her maybe two dozen times a year, for the last 15 years. I can give you some insight on her if that helps wrap your heads around her...

First, I have to say I grudgingly admire her tenacity for representing what she thinks are the interests of her consituency (yes, I'm a terrible speller, thank you). She's a terrier. Always has been. I actually AGREE with her career-long fight for a vote in Congress for DC residents. They should have representation, or they shouldn't have to pay Federal taxes. Either one, but not both. It's simply not fair. Eleanor has fought for this since the 60's, and will until the day she dies... I can respect that.

Second, she is absolutey wrong on guns. And she knows it. By that I mean she does actually KNOW it. She's not stupid. But she does mix the Kool-Aide, take a sip, and serves it to everyone else. Why? I think it's simply an issue of Dogma. It's what she's supposed to say as a hyper-liberal Democrat (as if any Dems aren't hyper liberal anymore, I should say). It's like a religous doctrine. Maybe the high priests know it's ********, but they still preach it to the flock. When you repeat a lie often enough, loud enough, it takes on a credibility of it's own... It doesn't matter what she really thinks, as long as she dutifully repeats it.

She doesn't want you - or me - or ANYONE, to own a gun of any kind, at all. She's an urbanite, and a wealthy urbanite at that. For her, a firearm is either one of three things. 1) a police tool 2) a crimminal accessory 3) a white, racist, redneck's male's fetish item. That's it. It really is just that simple for her. She doesn't need one, and since she doesn't need one, therefore , no one else needs one either.

Her hypocrassy in fighting for some Consititutional rights for DC residents (a Vote in Congress) while working against other Consititutional rights (2A) for the same people, makes perfect sense to her. The simple reality is she doesn't believe in the whole Consitituion - just the parts she likes and agrees with.

And it really is just that simple.

And one day, she will have a vote in Congress.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Thank you mudskipper. That post sums up what I have long believed about the Delegate. So in your opinion, she's just flat out a True Believer. Hard to reason with those.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    So, basically, we need to stop looking for the brilliant, evil, far-left liberal plan, and start looking for a stupid, evil, far-left liberal plan, and then it will all make sense? Works for me.

Not exactly.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that this is an issue of stupidity. It's not. She's far, FAR from stupid. You can call Eleanor a lot of things, but intelligent should always be at the top of that list.

Having said that, you have to then realize that if stupidity isn't the issue, it must be something esle. It is.

It's an issue of control. Specifically, control over YOU.

She's smart. She knows what's best for everyone. She is The State. The State will give you everything you need, and take away everything The State says you don't.

And that, my friends, is FAR scarier than mere stupidity.

Absolut_Nick

Pro Gun Liberal
    Feb 17, 2009
    County Balto
    I love how she said," Residents can go to neighboring states and stock pile weapons they can get at a gun show."

Ugh......

Or they can go to neighboring Virginia, awe at the paradox of liberal gun laws and safer streets, return to DC with the knowledge and insight they've gained and elect a Congressional representative with some sense.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Go to Vermont, one of if not the most liberal state in the union and look at their gun control and crime rates.

Waterdoor

Proud Infidel Team U.S.A.
    Dec 13, 2008
    KY.
    Personally you would have to be insane to live in D.C. versus NoVa. I could never live in that pathetic $hit hole.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    Norton and the like are a prime example for the point that anyone in a government leadership position should have to take an IQ and aptitude test. My fat lazy window laying cat is smarter than some of these evolutionary rejects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom