• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I don’t carry a firearm in my backpack but I do have the Alpha One Niner Evade 1.5 full pack and it’s seriously nice. There are tons of online reviews for most any good backpack - easy to go int analysis paralysis.

BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    Anyone have the Viktos Upscale 2 slingbag? I'm thinking that it'll replace my EDC backpack. I was thinking about getting a hip bag that's designed for CCW but I like the idea of the sling that I can wear it on my back or chest. It won't be my primary carry as I expect to use my IWB mist of the time but like to be able switch it up. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    Anyone have the Viktos Upscale 2 slingbag? I'm thinking that it'll replace my EDC backpack. I was thinking about getting a hip bag that's designed for CCW but I like the idea of the sling that I can wear it on my back or chest. It won't be my primary carry as I expect to use my IWB mist of the time but like to be able switch it up. Any thoughts?

I don't have that one, but I have a Maxpedition sling bag. It is convenient in that it is smaller than a backback, and since you can have it at your side (or chest as you intend) it makes for a quicker draw. However, since all the weight is concentrated on one shoulder, I find it far more uncomfortable than any backpack. I actually find a briefcase or messenger bag with a strap that goes around one shoulder to be more comfortable (the briefcase I have anyway), and I carry more weight in my briefcase than I ever did in the Maxpedition. Mine has a discrete rear section (I didn't even know it was there until I owned it for a while) with a magnetic closure that would allow quick access to a gun if I wanted to conceal one in there. An advantage if you find a messenger bag or (if you want more upscale) a soft leather briefcase that is either made for carry or that is easily adapted to it is that it would be far more discrete (a "tactical" bag screams gun to anyone in the know, and even to many who don't know guns).

Mar 26, 2016
    I got one a few weeks ago and I like it a good bit. The one thing I don't love is the soft holster that comes with it. I built a rigid panel insert using some spare kydex and attached a bravo concealment OWB.

To nitpick a bit on it, no dedicated key ring and I wish the sling was a little thicker and padded more.

BigWilly

oK, nOw WhAt ?
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dundalk
    I got one a few weeks ago and I like it a good bit. The one thing I don't love is the soft holster that comes with it. I built a rigid panel insert using some spare kydex and attached a bravo concealment OWB.

To nitpick a bit on it, no dedicated key ring and I wish the sling was a little thicker and padded more.
    I saw the lack of padding seems to be the biggest complaint. I found a maxpedition shoulder pad that seems like it would work - https://a.co/d/7ySMUGE

I think I'm going to get it when I get approved as a treat to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom