• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    So I finally got to try out my new EOTech at Hap Baker today. Let's say it far exceeded my expectations.

Normally I'd call it a good day if I kept all my shots on the paper at 200 yards. I'm talking about the paper targets they sell there which I believe are about 11" x 17". Today, my best group at 200 yards was just over 4 inches!!!!

This was shot out of a 16" AR using Lake City XM193. Nothing fancy or match grade about anything with the set up. I feel I can still shrink this group size down some more before I start worrying about match ammo and such.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I love my Eotech, that thing took a bit to get zeroed where I was happy, but results like this are easy as hooker on dollar night. :D

Which model Eotech?

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    What's the twist rate of the barrel?

1:9

I can just make out a 4" in bull at 200 yards... I think i can make out a 2" bull at 200, but my group at the time would indicate otherwise. The eotech's dot is 1 moa, but mostly covers the bullseye at 200. I dialed the brightness way back and that helped.

I'm using an eotech xps 2-0 that i picked up from chiefsupply.com when they were running a 20% off sale.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    A quality 16" HBAR with 1 in 9 twist with quality 55 or 62 grain ball can produce 5 shot groups at 100 yards in just over an inch. At 200 yards, capable of 2.5".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom