• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Obama's nomination for Surgeon General, looks to be right on target. No clinical background experience. This is his piece that he sent to congress post Sandy Hook. He is the president and co-founder of Doctors For America (DFA).

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.drsforamerica.org/images/DFA_Gun_Petition_and_Congressional_Letter.pdf

Remove military-style guns and ammunition that are designed to be able to kill large numbers of people quickly. There may be a place in war for such weapons, but they represent a threat to public safety in our neighborhoods.

Prohibit laws preventing physicians from discussing gun safety with patients.

Remove the provision in the Affordable Care Act and other federal policies that prohibit physicians from documenting gun ownership.

Lots of tidbits in this.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Quite a few from Maryland are from Johns Hopkins. No Bloomberg influence, I'm sure. ;) Technically they aren't from SPH, but this is the same institution that had a cow with one of their own doctors giving a commencement speech last year because he didn't spout the liberal BS.

Hollywood Ball

Mountaineer
    Aug 26, 2013
    NC WV
    DFA is nothing more than a cheerleader group for Obama. This appointment is nothing more than a quid pro quo for his organization's public support.

His peculiar anti-gun stance removed from the equation, I think the real question is why was a 36 year old chosen as SG? I believe there have to be much better choices out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raylon Rules

I am Groot
    Feb 19, 2013
    C.C.C.M.D.
    DFA is nothing more than a cheerleader group for Obama. This appointment is nothing more than a quid pro quo for his organization's public support.

His peculiar anti-gun stance removed from the equation, I think the real question is why was a 36 year old chosen as SG? I believe there have to be much better choices out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll probably get another chance next year if the republicans don't take the senate and keep the house in November. Lots of fake "pro gun" dems are scared to vote on his nomination because the NRA is grading the vote. Those in red or purple states know that they're already on thin ice at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom