• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    I've had a barrel and BCG on order from them for 5 months now. They told me I'd see my order in 4 months. I understand that there is an enormous increase in sales and things are back ordered beyond belief but I have one problem with DPMS.

In the beginning I emailed them asking an estimated ship date and they responded within 1-2 business days. I have emailed them 2 times in the past 2 weeks and have yet to hear a word from them. My concern is my credit card the order was placed with is set to expire at the end of next month. If my order declines and I have to start over on the wait I will not be a happy camper.

Anyone had any luck with them lately?

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    sje....alot of use in the "Backorder Pergatory" I've been watching ARFcom where companies like RRA, STAG, DPMS are in a 26+ week wait.

Call them with your new CC# when it expires. They want your business they will accomodate you.

Luke 12:49

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    sje....alot of use in the "Backorder Pergatory" I've been watching ARFcom where companies like RRA, STAG, DPMS are in a 26+ week wait.

Call them with your new CC# when it expires. They want your business they will accomodate you.

Ditto! They wouldn't be in the market, and be WAY behind on their orders if they weren't willing to work with their customers. I personally have never had to deal with them, or anything similar, along your lines...however, I do know that anyone who is in the business world, if they wish to succeed will ease the customers anxiety.

That said, do what fivepointstar says, and hell, call now and give them your new credit card number, explaining that the one you've previous ordered the gun on is set to expire (this is presuming that they have not processed your order on the old/out-dated card). I'm willing to put money on the fact that they're willing to work with you.

If they cannot accomodate you, then I would take your business elsewhere!

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    I understand there is a backup. I was quoted 4 months. I'm sitting at 5 months. You can't tell me I have to wait another 26+ weeks.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I've been following my order # on ARFcom. Guys have been telling the forum what their order date and order # is and we get an idea where we are. I know have uppers on order for 2 different companies. the problem what they are seeing is there is a great shortage in barrels. DPMS, STAG, RRA etc all order from the same barrel companies...I think its either ER Shaw and/or Wilson (anyone please correct me if i'm wrong). Not to mention there are numerous other companies competing for those same barrels.

As I mentioned in another thread, single customers like us have to compete with dealer order. What happens is dealers get a greater priority because they order 25-50-100-200+ order at a time (ie Legal Transfers) and they'll get priority over you and I that order a single kit or upper assembly.

What I've read is some companies are out of 16" C/L and C/M barrel lwt or HBARs, they're just gone and waiting for the next shipment of barrels. I'm waiting for an order from DTI, the have 22000 orders to fill since the electoin(parts, kits and complete). Thier solution is to buy a barreling machinery to help elieviate the back order. Let me tell you that this REALLY REALLY concerns me b/c I have complete confidence in the Shaw and Wilson barrels and now they are machining thier own. I don't know the quality they will produce adn it scares me b/c I'm dishing all hte $$ out for it.

So I think where the industry stands now and where we all stand. Be happy that you'll be getting DPMS quality you expect when you get your parts even though they are a few weeks/months late.

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    It's the lack of communication that ticks me of more than the wait. I'm fine with waiting another few months but don't go 2+ weeks w/o responding to me. That's a lack of good customer service IMO. If they are swamped with emails have an automated response saying "it could take several days for us to respond to your question/concern." Don't just blow me off. I'm spending $500+ at your company. That's a large sum of money I could take elsewhere.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I totally agree with you!!!!

I called DTI yesterday and spoke to someone for an update. They were very polite as long as I wasn't being a butthead about the wait. I also called my order to another company today and got ahold of them 2x without holding. I would agree that they need to staff thier CS dept to field the emails, PM, and phone calls.

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    Ditto...they may say how long it'll take and then that's it...I know of a gentleman in Ohio, who custom makes uppers in any length...I'm not sure how back-ordered he is, but if you'd like, he may be worth a shot?

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Ditto...they may say how long it'll take and then that's it...I know of a gentleman in Ohio, who custom makes uppers in any length...I'm not sure how back-ordered he is, but if you'd like, he may be worth a shot?

That's Tony's Custom Uppers. I ordered from him online back in Jan/FEB and his Customer Service was the absolute WORSE!!! He would not call, email, PM NOTHING so I cancelled my order. I reached him on his cell phone on a Sat night, the # was listed on his website and he was a total butthead on the phone.

my recommendation sje is go to hte York Show in May and see if you can find your parts. its a big gun show in conjunction with hte magazine Small Arms Reveiw (SAR), 1200 tables you'll probalby find your parts you need there. I'll be there, but I don't need anything right now.

A Good Ole Boy
    Feb 18, 2009
    Culvert County
    That's Tony's Custom Uppers. I ordered from him online back in Jan/FEB and his Customer Service was the absolute WORSE!!! He would not call, email, PM NOTHING so I cancelled my order. I reached him on his cell phone on a Sat night, the # was listed on his website and he was a total butthead on the phone.

my recommendation sje is go to hte York Show in May and see if you can find your parts. its a big gun show in conjunction with hte magazine Small Arms Reveiw (SAR), 1200 tables you'll probalby find your parts you need there. I'll be there, but I don't need anything right now.

Hmm...yea, I guess maybe he may have one of those proverbial "time-of-the-month" thing going, I don't know, but both oldsarge and I have bought our uppers through him and have not had any problems.

I can't say what happened with him for you, it's a shame that it happened, but it is what it is...

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    The thing is now I'm locked in at a price I can't find anywhere else. So for me to cancel my order and go to a gun show I'll be adding $100+ to my overall cost and won't be guaranteed to get exactly what I want. Like I said, the wait isn't my issue. I've got plenty of other things to keep my time occupied. It's the fact that after 2 weeks and 2 emails I haven't heard a peep from them. It's not like they are some mom and pop shop that are bombarded by a millions sales for 2 employees.

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    Well they got back to me. They tacked another 4+ months onto each wait period but didn't address my CC issue. I guess I'll have to call them.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    definitely call....Iwouldn't put my CC card on a pm or email. so where does that put you @ 9mo? I gues you can call it "your baby" now. (I'm also @ 4 mo (18th week), I hope it doesn't turn into 9 like yours)

sje0123

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Abingdon, MD
    Well it seems when you get a little firm with them and let them know you aren't happy you get through.

I got another email saying that when they go to process the order and if there is a problem they will call me or I can call in and have the number changed. I'll be calling them. This last person quoted me another 6-19 months. Pretty big span of time there. :(

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Goodluck my .308 uppers have been on order since October and they told me another 14 months about 2 weeks ago.

I am not holding my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom