• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I once heard about a C&R raid that involved mall cops due to a general ATF strike. The poor homeowner had to suffer through an atrocious event- he was confiscated, his guns were arrested, his wife got shot and his dog was banged.

Dreadful I tell ya.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    I once heard about a C&R raid that involved mall cops due to a general ATF strike. The poor homeowner had to suffer through an atrocious event- he was confiscated, his guns were arrested, his wife got shot and his dog was banged.

Dreadful I tell ya.

Then a country song was played backwards and everything went back to normal.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I can't believe how many people don't realize this is a joke.

This is not dry, understated British humour, which tends to whiz right over many people's heads. This is wildly exaggerated American style humor, in the tradition of the American Tale Tale. The idea is, the exaggeration is so extreme, no one could possibly have an excuse for not realizing that it's a joke.

One of the unwritten rules of the Tale Tale is, the teller never admits that he's joking. When the exaggeration is so extreme that only a lunkhead would believe the story, then the teller is exempt from the proscription against lieing. If there is any confusion, the teller just adds more layers of extreme absurdity, but never admits that he's telling a Tall Tale.

Reading over the original post, by the time he gets to the part about the raid team lining up to gang-bang the wife and daughter, the astute reader should begin to suspect his leg is being pulled. The part about pissing on the pillow and spray-painting "Kilroy was Here" should be a further tip-off to the critically analytical reader.

Those who point out that the photograph is not of ATF agents succeed in making themselves the butt of the joke.

:thumbsup:Yep, what he said........pretty funny stuff for those of us who knew this for the joke it was. Sorry for the distress it caused to the others--but come on, really?

Feb 6, 2012

Dreadful I tell ya.

Bwahahahaha! Too funny.

I'm telling yall, if you can afford it, 80% lowers... :innocent0

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I dont care who they are. FBI,ATF,CIA, or my neighbors George and Ron; if anyone lines up to gang bang my wife I'm calling my lawyer.

Does this event permit the use of deadly force? I think I could take them, the one they wont find in my bound book is the Hotchkiss MK1 that I mounted to my roof for SHTF events like this. And zombies.

Pissing on a man's pillow is where i draw the line.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

:lol: Now THAT'S funny.....start shootin' when they piss on your pillow!

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Lol. I can't take a joke, and I'm upset that people point it out, so I'll go after minor grammatical errors.

No, it is more like the guy I'm quoting is butthurt because I pointed out his horrible grammar. Only one of us is upset, and it isn't me. Anything else? ;)

Sent from my BlackBerry or iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    No, it is more like the guy I'm quoting is butthurt because I pointed out his horrible grammar. Only one of us is upset, and it isn't me. Anything else? ;)

Sent from my BlackBerry or iPhone using Tapatalk

In what way is Krash's post in poor grammar? "In" can be used contextually in his sentence as well as "with", better in fact. " In" sounds more formal (a British person might use it in such a way), as if it were being used in a third person, or with passive voice. But it's not really poor grammar. Quite frankly, "with" sounds improper, since it implies an inclusiveness that seems contextually incorrect in his usage. If you want to split hairs, "due to" or "because of" might be better suited; but there is nothing really wrong with Krash's use of "in".

Last edited:

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    In what way is Krash's post in poor grammar? "In" can be used contextually in his sentence as well as "with", better in fact. " In" sounds more formal (a British person might use it in such a way), as if it were being used in a third person, or with passive voice. But it's not really poor grammer. Quite frankly, "with" sounds improper, since it implies an inclusiveness that seems contextually incorrect in his usage. If you want to split hairs, "due to" or "because of" might be better suited; but there is nothing really wrong with Krash's use of "in".

Well said!

I'm glad there are still people who hold grammar in high regard.

I'm finding that it is quickly becoming a lost art in our society.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    In what way is Krash's post in poor grammar? "In" can be used contextually in his sentence as well as "with", better in fact. " In" sounds more formal (a British person might use it in such a way), as if it were being used in a third person, or with passive voice. But it's not really poor grammer. Quite frankly, "with" sounds improper, since it implies an inclusiveness that seems contextually incorrect in his usage. If you want to split hairs, "due to" or "because of" might be better suited; but there is nothing really wrong with Krash's use of "in".

Thank you good sir. I knew I was in the right, but internet trolls get upset if you use logic.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom