• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HomerSimpson

Nov 30, 2008
    I was dead serious about the designated metropolitan area. I was exaggerating about the terrorist watch list.
    What got me was "declaring 6,000 rounds". Do you really have to "declare" in these "designated" areas???

I haven't lived in Maryland in 20 years but still check out this forum, especially after something like the mall shooting. I always knew MD was liberal but they seem to have totally gone over the edge. I can't believe what's happened to my home state. :mad54:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    This thread is making me want to order some mosin food. Must resist...

001_45.JPG

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    What got me was "declaring 6,000 rounds". Do you really have to "declare" in these "designated" areas???

I haven't lived in Maryland in 20 years but still check out this forum, especially after something like the mall shooting. I always knew MD was liberal but they seem to have totally gone over the edge. I can't believe what's happened to my home state. :mad54:

Designated metropolitan areas was Howard County's way of restricting shooting. It has nothing to do with ammo quantity. Ammo quantity is just hyped up by the media whenever an arrest is made in the Baltimore city and surrounding areas.

With that said, I use to be able to go in the 100+ acre woods behind my house and shoot high powered rifles all day long, with a big hill guaranteeing no errant shots causing any damage. Now that this area has been designated a metropolitan area, I cannot even shoot a pellet pistol legally in these woods.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    There is no such as ammo hoarding. Hoarding refers to the mass collecting of useless crap with little to no monetary value. Maintaining a decent supply of ammo is an intelligent investment as a hedge against future price increases, unforseen shortages and the coming zombie apocalypse. Ammo retains its value and can easily be liquidated if needed. Or at least this is what I keep telling myself.:innocent0

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said:
    "Lead is the new gold"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads