• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Why are we being charged to be fingerprinted? And $80 is ridiculous. I've been fingerprinted before and it didn't cost me 1 cent.

Poll tax.

If you're charged to exercise your rights, you exercise them less.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I already sent a letter asking how to proceed in obtaining a HQL. I'm going to be doing everything as quickly as possible, and when they fail, maybe I'll be part of a lawsuit...

ron2shel

Oct 22, 2011
    Why are we being charged to be fingerprinted? And $80 is ridiculous. I've been fingerprinted before and it didn't cost me 1 cent.

because msp doesn't take the old finger print cards anymore, they only take livescan finger prints and the cost for that is around 60 dollars.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    I will get a HQL and I will participate in resulting Class-action lawsuits that bleed Marylandistan dry of its tax coffers.
    I will not feel guilty at all when I do so.

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    Bottom line for me; you should not need the State's permission (and requirement to pay outrageous fees) to exercise a Constitutional right. With each stroke of a pen in Annapolis or DC, your rights are eroded farther...they use each victory as a beach-head to stage their next infringement; do not be deceived, we know their objectives .

Every day now we see violations of our 2nd, 1st and 4th Amendment rights, if we don't hold them accountable and fight for our rights, we will have forfeited our liberty.

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'll wait to get HQL until I can't stand it anymore. I'll by unregulated and buy less...at least for a while.

I'll be damned if I let myself be treated like a common criminal to exercise my rights.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    I will not be getting an HQL. I will not comply.

I've been fingerprinted six ways from sunday. The difference is that I *chose* to be fingerprinted of my own free will during the course of my employment. I refuse to comply with this blatantly unConstitutional scheme on the principle that I will no longer give even the semblance of compliance in a scheme that requires me to ask permission from Md to exercise my rights... AND PAY FOR *POSSIBILITY* of obtaining it.

If i can continue to buy the ww2 rifles I want without the monstrosity they've forced upon us, I will. If not, not.

This far and no farther. No compromise with the beast.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    the right to vote is not mentioned anywhere in the constitution or the bill of rights, but even requiring an ID to vote is considered to be a violation of one's rights. Poll taxes are illegal.

the "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." is specifically mentioned in the bill of rights, but somehow it is legal to require people to pay all sorts of fees to exercise that right.

If you have to pay to exercise one right, then why is it wrong to have to pay for another?

I wish one state or locality would argue in court that what is good for one construed right, is good for an enumerated right, and vice versa.

And then watch the courts explain away the hypocrisy.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    There will remain a fundamental divide on this question.

But I won't feel guilty about my contributions to Md's firearm industry , as since the day after the Conn incident I have spent what would have been 20yrs plus of firearms budget.

^^^^^This.

Come October 1. With a VERY drained bank account yes. But no lines for me at whatever eventually becomes the state appointed and anointed processing centers. Not an ounce of guilt, no approval either expressed or implied that Maryland's new "see----not so bad after all" order is somehow ok, and absolutely zero apologies for my conscience and beliefs regarding the matter. Other opinions and beliefs may differ regarding position and how to proceed, and that's fine. For me, I stand by mine.

The lawsuit I want to participate in is the one that defines and reverses the government's overreach and infringement of the one Constitutionally protected right that protects all others.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

It will be interesting to see if the judges see this as an undue burden on a Right when the lawsuit is filed.

I will be getting my HQL. I have nothing to lose, already being in their databases and having been fingerprinted numerous times.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    It will be interesting to see if the judges see this as an undue burden on a Right when the lawsuit is filed.

I will be getting my HQL. I have nothing to lose, already being in their databases and having been fingerprinted numerous times.

Does anyone know if the fingerprinting will be per purchase or 1 time?
    and what fees will be required on EACH purchase?

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    I won't have a choice. Finances keep me from buying every handgun that I want.

That being said, I'd apply anyway. Just to make them work that much harder. Inflate the HQL backlog anyway I can. Can't make their intentions any more clear than a de facto ban on handguns.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Don't Be A Puppet? Better to be a appeaser, collaborator or worse a slave to your progressive master?

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

I'm sorry for you, your family and your firearms business but you should have thought about that before opening an FFL in a political and busniess climate like Maryland.

You stood yourself on the railroads tracks.

You want to tell the rest of us to stand with you and this first train called SB281 won't hurt so much. Somehow you think that knuckling under and doing exactly what Lord Owemalley wants with the HQL will really show them in Annapolis. The only thing that will do is embolden them to take away more of our rights. Why should they stop at the 2A? Owe alley didn't stop there and now we're being taxed on our rain.

Getting that HQL won't make you a puppet. Getting that HQL will make you a Slave to an Unconstitutional Law just as supporting that unconstitutional law makes you a collaborator to Owemalley, Frosh, Bush, Miller and Obama.

There was nothing wrong with our present Maryland Laws. No crime will be prevented or stopped by SB281. The HQL will not stop one criminal from buying a stolen gun.

You want to support the HQL then go ahead. I will support more politically astute FFLs up the road and across the state.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

Are they taking apps yet? Is there any way they will be ready Oct 1st? If not then it would be worth it to apply and be part of the lawsuit when your rights are denied Oct 1st.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    MSP is a joke at this point. you would think with all the cameras and freeway money making schemes this state has they could have afforded to add a few more troopers to the firearm division for a few months but didnt...

who wants to bet things magically improve or more troopers get added after oct1 lol?

I don't believe that it's a money thing. I think the word came down to slow down, stone wall and impede the process as much as possible, for as long as possible. O'Malley doesn't have to get a law passed to screw with our rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom