• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    So I am very impressionable, and the recent MAC video on a Dolos-based pistol build inspired me to do a similar build in 300 Blackout. I have an Engage E4 pistol but am using the upper from that purchase in a dedicated SBR (stamp acquired).

I have a side-charging upper from TomKat Ammo on the way, along with the Dolos Gen 2 kit and the LAW Tactical folder. I'm soliciting some input on this project in terms of other parts and approaches.

1. Who does hydrodipping local to Central MD? In my house, for differentiation purposes, 300 Blackout = Vietnam Tiger Stripe camo. I would need to get the Dolos handguard (at a minimum) dipped.

2. What length barrel would be best? The handguard is 7". I prefer an A2 front sight for KISS BUIS use. Would an 8.5" or 9" barrel suffice, or should I go up to a 10.5" length? (In any event, I would mount a Silencerco Saker mount on the muzzle.)

3. What barrel/gas tube/lo-pro gas block would you recommend? I prefer to support local manufacture. And because the use is intended as a bugout/SHTF firearm, I would want it to be assembled professionally instead of being a basement-shop amateur hobby build.

4. Finally, do you see any value in building an additional 556 upper? This would be a "down the line" complementary build from a compatible YHM handguard, and strictly to allow a change to an "easy to scrounge" available caliber.

Your input appreciated! Thanks for indulging me.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    We just got back from the Big 3 East media event and I had my hands on both the Dolos and the Frontier Tactical Warlock.

We did videos on both and will be releasing them very soon. Both units are VERY COOL!!

My only input is (and you will see it when I post the video) is to get an 8" barrel, the Dolos system, and a law folder. The entire package will fit into a 50 cal ammo can :party29:

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    We just got back from the Big 3 East media event and I had my hands on both the Dolos and the Frontier Tactical Warlock.

We did videos on both and will be releasing them very soon. Both units are VERY COOL!!

My only input is (and you will see it when I post the video) is to get an 8" barrel, the Dolos system, and a law folder. The entire package will fit into a 50 cal ammo can :party29:

Terrific idea! I have one of those NV cans courtesy of a fellow MDSer, so I will see if that gives me any wiggle room in terms of barrel length.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    WARNING:

Link in the OP has loud auto play video on it.

In case, like me, you're at work.

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    Here is my newest pistol build, Dolos with Law Tactical Folding stock and Fab Defense folding pistol grip. I went with a 10.5" barrel with a Wheaton Arms muzzle break.

Attachments

• 20160413_172104.jpg
      20160413_172104.jpg
      86.5 KB · Views: 4,063

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    So one side of the detach system, the side that is on the receiver, is held in place by a set screw if I'm not mistaken. Does it just thread in and tighten down right on the aluminum threads of the receiver? Could that cause any damage?

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    Sorry should have specified, I meant the Dolos system.

My bad I meant to attach a different video but the gen 2 system attaches differently than gen 1. The piece on the lower right screws flush with the upper receiver and then the castle nut screws into it. So no damage to the threads of the upper receiver.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-71-768x1024.jpg
      FullSizeRender-71-768x1024.jpg
      123.3 KB · Views: 908

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads