• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    I was wondering if anyone here could recommend or have past experiences with a decent place to board their dog? Usually we have family watch the dog but I'm getting married, and naturally they will all be at the wedding. It will only be for a night or two. And is up to date on all his shots. Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    We use Braveheart Kennels in point of rocks. One of our dogs is special needs .... he hates just about everyone who is not a regular at our house. They are great with him and really know dogs.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    We use Braveheart Kennels in point of rocks. One of our dogs is special needs .... he hates just about everyone who is not a regular at our house. They are great with him and really know dogs.

Rhino hates everyone he meets lol

My dog doesn't get along that well with others, so we paid someone to come to our house when we were gone. I can dig up the name and number if your insterested.....

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I'll echo the Buckeystown suggestion. Nice place with clean indoor/outdoor runs and vet (or several) on staff = hard to beat. My old dog loved it there.

CobraMike

Back in Black
    Mar 30, 2008
    Frederick
    Thanks for the suggestions.

After I posted this, I realized I probably could have made the title a little bit clearer. Lol. But a snowboarding dog would be awesome :cool:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Thanks for the suggestions.

After I posted this, I realized I probably could have made the title a little bit clearer. Lol. But a snowboarding dog would be awesome :cool:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I was personally imagining someone zip-tied to a door with some holes drilled in it, with their face being licked repeatedly by dogs....like a new twist on waterboarding.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Frequent user here of Country Kennel on Route 27 in Mount Airy. My dogs love going. Longest I've boarded one there is 10 days.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Animal Inn by the dump is great....run by ex vet techs. My dogs have had pleasant stays there a few times now. They walk them a few times a day, and they have indoor/outdoor runs. Highly recommended among the vet community.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    +1 for sunchaser kennels, and a SERIOUS -1 for Greenbriar. I'll never go back to greenbriar again, period.

Sunchasers has always been good to work with.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Frequent user here of Country Kennel on Route 27 in Mount Airy. My dogs love going. Longest I've boarded one there is 10 days.

Ditto on County Kennel. They pamper your mutt pretty good. Manicures and baths are available... But schedule them for doggies last stay to wash the kennel smell away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    Check out Happy Hounds Lodge in Mt airy. the dogs are not in runs, but free to run on 5 fenced acres!

my dogs love it, and come home happy tired and clean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom