• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Hi Group,

Years ago, (mid 80's) right off Rt1 north from Laurel and south of Jessup on the left side of Rt1 as your driving south there was a shop that specialized in military gun parts and guns. I bought some 45 auto barrels from them back then and I remember they had every you could want for any military guns.

Does anyone remember the name of the shop or if they are still around?

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Amherst Arms and the owner was Jay. When you walked in a M2 looked you in the eyes. In the 1980s Fulton Arms was located in Fulton Md.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    FYI - Fulton does not permit walk-ins. They even have a sign on the door that says if you don't have an appointment, don't even ring he bell.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    FYI - Fulton does not permit walk-ins. They even have a sign on the door that says if you don't have an appointment, don't even ring he bell.

I was checking their website out. They talk about how everything has to be sent to a FFL. It seems that maybe most of their business is over the net where everything is shiped. Do you have any idea if when selling localy if they can act as the FFL, or do they still neet to ship whatever to another FFL shop in Maryland?

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    re: Amherst Arms

EDIT: I found some more current info here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=159748&highlight=amherst+arms

This is an old thread, but I'll take a chance and throw this out there:

I was one of Jay's friends in jr/sr high. We had some crazy times together. My brothers used to buy from him when he was in Laurel. I know he was the go-to guy for just about anything - and I mean anything! I have some stories, but probably better offline. We both went in different directions, and once he moved to Florida, that was it. I heard some stories, but I'm not sure how accurate they were.

Anything new on Jay or what he's up to these days? Feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom