• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    Update today, Friday, May 8th. I just got back from court. I thank everyone for their advise. I ended up being represented by Mr. O'Neil. I can't recommend anyone else after today, this attorney is "Top Notch", knows Firearms Laws in this F'ed up state, is well respected and a hard hitter when he needs to be. I ended up with a PBJ (Peanut Butter & Jam sandwich). It's going to sux for the next 3 years but at least it's not permanent.

You're welcome.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Sounds like your ex friend may have been jealous of you smoking with his wife or was that a smoking wife. :D Anyway glad it worked out for you. Do you have to transfer all the firearms to someone else or does the wife get to keep them under lock and key?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Update today, Friday, May 8th. I just got back from court. I thank everyone for their advise. I ended up being represented by Mr. O'Neil. I can't recommend anyone else after today, this attorney is "Top Notch", knows Firearms Laws in this F'ed up state, is well respected and a hard hitter when he needs to be. I ended up with a PBJ (Peanut Butter & Jam sandwich). It's going to sux for the next 3 years but at least it's not permanent.

Congratulations.

Now, the probationary period ends in 3 years and you can get the incident expunged at that time. However, even with it being expunged law enforcement will always be able to see it. You definitely should get it expunged, but you just need to be careful even after you do so.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    btw It could of been a hell of a lot worse, I have a security clearance. I could of lost my job, or ended up in jail, This is a Happy Ending to me. :)

Based upon the fact pattern and the witnesses that were probably available to testify against you, that is indeed a very happy ending. That is about the best that you could have hoped for other than your "friend" changing the facts by perjuring himself. Granted, I think I would ask a buddy of mine before bringing a gun into his house. Kind of like I expected a couple friends of mine to ask permission before bringing pot into my car. Granted, I did not call the police on them, but after a stern talking to, we stopped being friends the second time it happened.

Glad you got the PBJ and can move on with life, having learned only a slightly costly lesson (i.e., O'Neal's fee and the probationary period).

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    Based upon the fact pattern and the witnesses that were probably available to testify against you, that is indeed a very happy ending. That is about the best that you could have hoped for other than your "friend" changing the facts by perjuring himself. Granted, I think I would ask a buddy of mine before bringing a gun into his house. Kind of like I expected a couple friends of mine to ask permission before bringing pot into my car. Granted, I did not call the police on them, but after a stern talking to, we stopped being friends the second time it happened.

Glad you got the PBJ and can move on with life, having learned only a slightly costly lesson (i.e., O'Neal's fee and the probationary period).

I agree, and like I stated previously,I forgot/didn't think about it, and it's all my fault. I can't blame anyone except myself for putting myself in this situation. It's just a shame this is considered a situation.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Semi-happy ending and learning event. Glad it didn't turn out worse. Best of luck to you in the future. Just out of curiosity, did the court confiscate your guns or do they give you a chance to dispose of them? Either way, that part would suck.

Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom