• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ask your dr for gun advice if you want.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I don't, I'm just not blind (or dumb) enough to blame and paint ALL doctors with the same idiotic one liner brush you do. But to each their own. Wallow in stupid and ignorance for all I care. You guys getting all worked up over a freaking question is quite funny. If it was asked of me, I'd lie and go on with life. I don't feel the need to chest thump.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Interesting. What if the results are reported to the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and you are found to have lied? I don't see anything good coming from that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Interesting. What if the results are reported to the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and you are found to have lied? I don't see anything good coming from that.

This is like the paranoia that you guys spew about police knowing all your guns by running tags. It is alex jones ********. A clue helps.

I don't give a rats ass. None of this matters until it matters. Before that it is just causing a stir for the purpose of causing a stir. I HATE the govt but I know why this is being done. Teratos spelled it out in 'merican for you guys. Lie, or say you prefer not to answer but to storm out is the move of not a patriot, but an *******.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'm of the school of thought that your private information is just that. Its up to you to protect yourself from unwanted intrusion into that information. If you wish to deluge your information feel free to do so. If you choose not to, then don't give it out but don't be a DICK.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene doesn't give a rat's ass about whether a patient is truthful about owning firearms. Who is going to report that anyway? We have patients lying about using heroin, abusing their wives and children, drinking heavily, getting narcotics from other practitioners etc. They don't get reported. There is no mechanism to report them. They have no power to penalize a patient.....

I'm of the school of thought that your private information is just that. Its up to you to protect yourself from unwanted intrusion into that information. If you wish to deluge your information feel free to do so. If you choose not to, then don't give it out but don't be a DICK.

Well said.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

So what? At present, it is not illegal to lie to my doctor, just ill-advised and a waste of his time and mine. If I were being treated by a physician whom was on the federal government payroll, I would be leery of lying to a "government official", but as it stands today, that is not the case and that statute does not apply.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So what? At present, it is not illegal to lie to my doctor, just ill-advised and a waste of his time and mine. If I were being treated by a physician whom was on the federal government payroll, I would be leery of lying to a "government official", but as it stands today, that is not the case and that statute does not apply.

Next time you see your doc, make sure to stress that you DO NOT own firearms......:innocent0

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I don't give a rats ass. None of this matters until it matters. Before that it is just causing a stir for the purpose of causing a stir. I HATE the govt but I know why this is being done. Teratos spelled it out in 'merican for you guys. Lie, or say you prefer not to answer but to storm out is the move of not a patriot, but an *******.

I hope that wasn't directed at me. I have no idea why you quoted me and added to my quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene doesn't give a rat's ass about whether a patient is truthful about owning firearms....

Perhaps not today, but what about tomorrow? DHMH is one of the checks for the HQL. You're much more trusting than I am. Remember, it's not paranoia if they're really after you!!!

Seriously, we don't know what direction things will take. Last summer (2012), I kept getting phone calls from DHMH wanting to do a survey. My wife, who is a health professional and has been one in Maryland for nearly 30 years, told me to absolutely not respond to the survey. And since DHMH called me, they certainly knew who they were calling.

So, if asked, I'll probably say that I have a 12-gauge and an old .38 special. Not a lie, just not everything.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Perhaps not today, but what about tomorrow? DHMH is one of the checks for the HQL. You're much more trusting than I am. Remember, it's not paranoia if they're really after you!!!

Seriously, we don't know what direction things will take. Last summer (2012), I kept getting phone calls from DHMH wanting to do a survey. My wife, who is a health professional and has been one in Maryland for nearly 30 years, told me to absolutely not respond to the survey. And since DHMH called me, they certainly knew who they were calling.

So, if asked, I'll probably say that I have a 12-gauge and an old .38 special. Not a lie, just not everything.

DHMH has no such authority. It was a survey, they were doing research. Sometimes they are after you, sometimes you are wearing too much tin foil.

almiller1963

Oct 18, 2013
    Forest Hill, Md
    I don't, I'm just not blind (or dumb) enough to blame and paint ALL doctors with the same idiotic one liner brush you do.

I never painted all DRs or all med techs - just folks that blindly ask meaningless questions.

But to each their own. Wallow in stupid and ignorance for all I care.

Someone needs to grow up and stop acting like a child but you are amusing me. :D

You guys getting all worked up over a freaking question is quite funny. If it was asked of me, I'd lie and go on with life. I don't feel the need to chest thump.

I am not even a little worked up (can't say the same for you can we?)

I have always stated I have NO ISSUE answering the question just don't see the purpose.

It's like my Plummer asking me what kind of gas I use in my car - totally unrelated and useless information. I know big smart important doctors know everything and should help anyone that isn't an MD through all of their life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom