• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockamole

Dec 24, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I am aiming toward another glock purchase. And the glock 36 seems like a nice one. Thin enough and plus it holds 45 acp rounds. Would anyone suggest getting a glock 36? What are your experiences with it?

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Do you have a carry permit? Otherwise I'd question why the Baby Glock? Love my G21 but the mid frames are as small as I really find comfortable (G19 for example, they don't make one in .45acp).

Glockamole

Dec 24, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Do you have a carry permit? Otherwise I'd question why the Baby Glock? Love my G21 but the mid frames are as small as I really find comfortable (G19 for example, they don't make one in .45acp).

I can only wish I have a ccw permit. since I already have the standard size 17, the subcompact would likely be my next purchase. Wanted to have one and practice with it, and get good at it. My guess is that one of these day, Maryland might allow ccw similar to VA and PA.

The glock 36 felt good on my hands. Nice grip, I'll say. Had the chance to shoot 45 acp, and I love the recoil. Didn't like the snappiness of the 40 s&w

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    I thought about the 36. I held it. Liked it. But 10+1 I think sounded better. I went for the 30sf and love it. Awesome little .45. It's a little heavy but not too bad as I use this as my winter carry piece. The only thing I had to do was put a 4.5lb disconnector in it. The 5 lb would throw my front sight off as the striker fired. Other than that, it's awesome. The 36 would be slimmer and lighter due to the single stack mag thus easier to ccw I guess. The few more rounds I can hold with the 30sf was the deciding factor for me anyway. But to each his own

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I can only wish I have a ccw permit. since I already have the standard size 17, the subcompact would likely be my next purchase. Wanted to have one and practice with it, and get good at it. My guess is that one of these day, Maryland might allow ccw similar to VA and PA.

The glock 36 felt good on my hands. Nice grip, I'll say. Had the chance to shoot 45 acp, and I love the recoil. Didn't like the snappiness of the 40 s&w

Fair enough. If it fits your hands, go for it. I have a 21sf and think it's one of the finest handguns I've ever fired.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    It's a Glock so you know it will work. It's a Glock so magazines will be reasonably priced. It's a Glock and it's ugly...........................if you can find beauty in the utility of the gun I say buy it.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    If its just a range toy I'd strongly suggest the 21Sf. If you think you may eventually carry it, go for it. It's about the same size as a Glock 19, but a hair slimmer. My father in law has one and I really enjoy shooting it. I was tempted to get one but caved and bought a 26 to complete my 9mm trilogy. The 36 is a surprisingly smooth shooting .45.

30ought6

#PING!
    Sep 10, 2010
    VA
    The Glock 36 is my primary concealed carry choice. I've never had any problems, and it eats everything I feed it.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I have heard bad things about this model, something about b/c its single stack dimensions screw something up and it jams. Supposedly its the only bad model they make. Maybe someone who actually knows can better explain. If thats bad info great, bc I would like to carry one

Revvin' Evan

Oct 17, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I have a 30 and it's definitely my favorite glock even though it is a little chunky. I think the only way to increase its level of awesomeness would be to make it thinner......enter the 36. Do it:thumbsup:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I've had the Bodyguard 380 for a few months and just bought the Glock 36; the 36 fits well in my small hands, esp with the Pearce +0 grip extensions, is extremely accurate, has very manageable recoil (seems like the 380 has more kick!), is very easy to take down and clean and seems to be built like a tank. I'm very happy with both of them, and as soon as my carry permit is approved, will be trying them both out as CCW.

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    I have a few Glocks, in the sub-compact models, the 27 actually shot better than my 23, but a 45 with your pinky hanging off may be a little much, but if you like it, hey get it, cant go wrong with a Glock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom