• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hello Kitty

Oct 4, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    It can go both ways. The business can hold the license, or an individual can apply and run as a sole proprietor. Either way, bona-fide employees of the business don't need their own FFL to submit paperwork - the business owner just submits the paperwork to the state/feds so that they can do it.

Thanks bcr

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    The one and only time I went in there the only guns they had any good to say was about the Springfield XD's. The guy seemed as if you did not agree with him you were stupid. In a VERY short time I knew I was never going to buy anything there and have never went back.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    they actually sold me on a springfield xd9... even though i bought it at another store... and i love the gun

Hay, The XD's are good guns. I just hate to see that kind of gun snobbery come from a shop owner. When you go to a shop with question you hope to learn something from other who have open minds and can point out the good and bad in all products.

As good as the XD's are, the XD's are not the only good gun. They tried to make me feel ridicules when I wanted to look at guns other then the XD's.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Just to be fair,
    Just Guns didn't lose their FFL, the previous owner of lost their license and the current owner opened a store in the same location and may have bought out the inventory. I have never bought anything there or even been in the shop but my wife is a friend of the current owner's wife.

Correct. It was Valley gun at that location that had the "missing gun" issues and lost their FFL. It was owned by Sandy Abrams, who was a prick extraordinaire. Just Guns, which used to be on Wise Ave. under a different name, is run by the son of the original owner (Jim?) and his mother. The son is as much of a jerk as his father was.

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    Guys like that are in shops all over the place. My buddy and I went gun hunting last year. I told him before we walked into the shop just what to expect. The storys of the "incredible" shots, the war hero tales, and how many thugs they had encountered at the shop. It took less then 5 min. before the first tale of hitting a dime at 1000 yards open sights and 30kts of cross wind came out. my friend started laughing so bad we had to leave. It's the same way for Harley owners. Guy drops 50grand for a bike and all the chrome. Dresses the part with the leather jacket and chaps. Gets out only on sunny warm days and trailers his bike to the shows.

lol, I've met people like this. I, my self am a Harley owner, have been for a little less then 3 years. I have roughly 32,000 miles under my belt. 15k on my previous 10 Dyna superglide and 16,6XX on my 10 Streetglide. Several trips up and down the east coast ( VA, SC , NC, AL, GA, CT, D.C and DE) I've been to several rallies, Rolling thunder, O.C Bike week, Myrtle Beach bike week, I've worn outlaw colors, couple funeral rides. Sun, Rain, hot or cold. I ride. I don't even own a trailer....hell I don't even own a truck to pull a trailer lol. The only weather I haven't rode in is the snow. Like' I've said...I've met people like this and they are out there, believe you and me, but if being a biker has taught me anything, it's this, It's not where, how or what you ride...it's THAT you ride and that those individuals that make up a very large portion of the biker brotherhood are some of the most nicest, real, caring and straight up decent ****in people you'll eve meet. Four wheels move the body....Two wheels move the soul.

(BTW) I'm looking to getting some more people together for Rolling thunder this year. If any one is interested, please let me know. The closer May 24th get's the more details and meeting places we can discuss, Thanks.

raff696

Nov 1, 2008
    I live only a few mins away from "Just Guns" I Served in the U.S. Marines and I own a number of Firearms. So when I asked them questions about stuff i am looking for, they can tell I wasnt a noob. But I got the feeling that if I wasnt slapping down cash they kinda ignored me. I have been in many gun stores over the years and the guys behind the counter can be either really cool and friendly or striaght up *******!

I was thinking about using them for a FFL transfer of a pistol! but after 7 pages of gripes i am thinking about using White Marsh Arms!

shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    I live only a few mins away from "Just Guns" I Served in the U.S. Marines and I own a number of Firearms. So when I asked them questions about stuff i am looking for, they can tell I wasnt a noob. But I got the feeling that if I wasnt slapping down cash they kinda ignored me. I have been in many gun stores over the years and the guys behind the counter can be either really cool and friendly or striaght up *******!

I was thinking about using them for a FFL transfer of a pistol! but after 7 pages of gripes i am thinking about using White Marsh Arms!
    You might want to consider Gun Connection in White Marsh

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I was just in there yesterday, and I walked in, looked around nobody acknowledged me in 10 minutes, so I left. Tacticool dude didn't even look up from whatever bullshitting he was doing to even make eye contact.

All they seem to have right now are consignment guns that are marked 2x their value, so it's not much of a loss. They did have a Century AK on the wall for something like $1100, and some 20rd Colt AR mags for $49.99/ea.

derwingnut

Dec 16, 2011
    Essex
    Went in there a few years back looking for an AR(I didn't know about Gun Connection yet). I was dressed a bit grungy being that I just woke up and was in a rush. Was in there for 15 minutes staring at their (limited) AR selection and didn't even get so much as a howdy. Walked out never to return again. Dropped 1800 the next day at Gun Connection and have done most of my business through them since.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I was just in there yesterday, and I walked in, looked around nobody acknowledged me in 10 minutes, so I left. Tacticool dude didn't even look up from whatever bullshitting he was doing to even make eye contact.

All they seem to have right now are consignment guns that are marked 2x their value, so it's not much of a loss. They did have a Century AK on the wall for something like $1100, and some 20rd Colt AR mags for $49.99/ea.

The prices tell the story of the kind of people they are. What I mean is, I was talking to the owner of Freedom Armory and he told me that he did not want to take advantage of current events by raising prices because he has many loyal customers and did not want to do that to them. He went on to say that when this blows over he just hopes his customers remember he looked out for them.

That's the kind of people and store you want to buy from. And not the steaming piles at just guns. They should change the name to just here to bend you over and act like asses while doing it.

ericb1715

Feb 12, 2013
    Rosedale
    worst gun store ever. what a waste of space they have a huge store with no inventory and a rude and inconsiderate staff also high prices. do not go to Just Guns

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The prices tell the story of the kind of people they are. What I mean is, I was talking to the owner of Freedom Armory and he told me that he did not want to take advantage of current events by raising prices because he has many loyal customers and did not want to do that to them. He went on to say that when this blows over he just hopes his customers remember he looked out for them.

That's the kind of people and store you want to buy from. And not the steaming piles at just guns. They should change the name to just here to bend you over and act like asses while doing it.

Scott (the owner) is a great guy. Retired PA Cop who does nothing but look out for his customers. He has treated me, my family, and friends very well over the years. I purchased an Arsenal, Glock 23, and Bushmaster AR from him a few years ago. Really a great shop.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Scott (the owner) is a great guy. Retired PA Cop who does nothing but look out for his customers. He has treated me, my family, and friends very well over the years. I purchased an Arsenal, Glock 23, and Bushmaster AR from him a few years ago. Really a great shop.

I can't agree more. Out of all the ranges I shot Freedom Armory is the very best with a staff that provides a family friendly atmosphere that I always feel very comfortable bring my wife and daughter to. All customers are treated with respect.

They highly support 2A and the right to carry without the third degree when you walk in the door when you carry. Unlike all of the Maryland ranges. In Maryland the best you can hope for are one or two ranges that (I'm told) will let CCW holders carry, but not without the 3rd degree with requiring you to report to them each and every time you enter the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom