• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    You must Must MUST call and email Sen. Dyson about SB0281 and related gun control bills and make sure he knows you oppose such bills. He's on the fence according to his phone lackey a few days ago. Being a democrat and member of NRA and "on the fence" makes his opinion CRITICAL. I cant stress it enough. His office cares not one bit for residents outside 29, so its up to US. Please get on it!!

Delegate Anthony O'Donnell (29c) is solidly on our side so email him quickly then focus on Senator Dyson.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You must Must MUST call and email Sen. Dyson about SB0281 and related gun control bills and make sure he knows you oppose such bills. He's on the fence according to his phone lackey a few days ago. Being a democrat and member of NRA and "on the fence" makes his opinion CRITICAL. I cant stress it enough. His office cares not one bit for residents outside 29, so its up to US. Please get on it!!

Delegate Anthony O'Donnell (29c) is solidly on our side so email him quickly then focus on Senator Dyson.

Administrators: I know that there are a lot of them currently up there in these difficult times, but you might consider making this a sticky...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Dyson 1-800-492-7122, ext. 3673 (toll free)
    O'Donnell 1-800-492-7122, ext. 3314 (toll free) or 410-326-0081

Ask for public statements against the gun control bills

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    DISTRICT 29

Sen. Roy P. Dyson (D), District 29 James Senate Office Building, Room 102 11 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401 (410) 841-3673, (301) 858-3673 e-mail: roy.dyson@senate.state.md.us

The 410-326-0081 number is best for O'Donnell. Thats the number for his legislative aid Linda Darby in Solomons. I spoke with her earlier.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    As I said in another post, I've written to Dyson, Wood, O'Donnell and Bohannon and haven't even gotten a canned response or thanks for your e-mail from any of them.:tdown:

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Well O'Donnell is in the bag. I chastised his aid regarding a lack of communication to constituents. My answer to THAT was that they didn't want a release used out of context or whatever, and that they simply didn't have time. Neither "explanation" felt quite adequate, but I DO believe their statements of position. Even got a call back.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    As I said in another post, I've written to Dyson, Wood, O'Donnell and Bohannon and haven't even gotten a canned response or thanks for your e-mail from any of them.:tdown:

I have rec'd VERY few responses, and those were from outside my district.

Wood has ALWAYS gotten back to me quickly, so I am hoping it's just that they are slammed.

Will send out another round, and hit the phones again come Monday!

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Sent off yet another letter to Dyson. Geez, I'm running out of things to talk about.:lol2: I'll have to ask him about his pets next time.

Summary:

Senator Dyson,

Blah, blah....AR-15...blah, blah ...standard capacity magazines... blah, blah, blah, ...hunters and sportsmen... blah, blah, ...second amendment... blah, blah , blah ...Constitution... blah, blah, blah ...rights... blah, blah, ...something about Thomas Paine spinning in his grave... blah, blah, ... "(Common Sense) restrictions"... blah, blah, blah ...America... blah, blah, blah, blah blah.

repectfully,
    Guthook

I'm pretty sure that is what his staff will see anyway. Oh well, off to write another one.:D

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Get a flier out at the local gun shop down there in California and make sure all patrons know to contact him.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    DISTRICT 29

The 410-326-0081 number is best for O'Donnell. Thats the number for his legislative aid Linda Darby in Solomons. I spoke with her earlier.

Linda and her husband are good friends of mine from church. I don't think I've ever met anyone with such a kind heart as Linda. She tells me O'Donnell is squarely in our corner.

Dyson's brother runs the hardware store in Great Mills... Time for another Saturday morning coffee stop at Dyson's. Sometimes you run into Roy there.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Ran Into Roy

I ran into Roy Dyson at the barbershop today, so we had a chat. There was a "County Times" paper there with a letter in it against the gun ban that was pretty good. I simply asked him to read it. I even loaned him my reading glasses. We talked for a while and I told him I'd be in Annapolis Wednesday. He said to stop by the office sometime between 11 and 1.

I didn't belabor the point, but I told him we really feel kicked in the guts and need some help. He nodded and was sympathetic, but didn't offer anything concrete, but then I didn't expect him to. I told him people in rural areas feel really disenfranchised.

Anyway, I've talked to him in the barbershop before and he's s decent guy, but he's just one. I think he's with us, but we need more.

A funny thing: there were a couple LEO's in there getting their hair cut. When one heard what I was talking to Roy about, he flashed me a thumbs up.

Keep trying, folks.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Do you feel better now? :)

Now we need to focus on Steny Hoyer Junior

JOHN L. BOHANAN, JR.
    Democrat, District 29B, St. Mary's County

House Office Building, Room 350
    6 Bladen St., Annapolis, MD 21401
    (410) 841-3227, (301) 858-3227
    1-800-492-7122, ext. 3227 (toll free)
    e-mail: john.bohanan@house.state.md.us
    fax: (410) 841-3051, (301) 858-3051​

I almost fear he might be a lost cause but maybe just maybe if we inundate him with emails, phone calls, and meetings in person he will change his mind.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    All of these guys (Dyson, Bohanan, Wood, and O'Donnell) have District offices. Make an appointment and get face to face with them. Take a couple of your friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. with you. It may seem a waste of time, but if you do not exercise your right of free speech and express your opinion NOW, and we lose, it will be too late to say you wish you had gone to see them in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom