• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    I was clicking around, taking a look at the people up for the d*cratic central committee in my district for AACO. Wow. It's quite an echo chamber of people trying to come off as "progressiver than thou". That can't be healthy. Looking at primary voting, I'm wondering what the turnout percentage is among registered party members.

Given the extreme (even for MD) positioning that committee members jockey for, I have to imagine that they're playing a game that most of the rest of registered or self-identifying party members don't want to participate in.

So, for DINOs who want to help their fellow party members refuse the grandstanding and "overton window shifting" of the vocal party functionaries, I present the label "Blue Crab Democrat". Maybe the more rational party members can join the DINOs under a common flag to bring careful and sane thought to a party that seems to be constantly trying to "out-left" itself.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    How about running for a Central Committee position?

Not a bad idea, but before I'd do that, I'd (or someone else looking at that position) want to spend a year or so "in the mix". There's a strategic element there that deserves a lot of careful thought.

The bylaws of the party are interesting...each elected committee member selects a counterpart of the opposite gender to maintain equality. I haven't checked deep enough to see if the same people keep getting in regardless of whether they are elected in that cycle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom