• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Do any of you guys use the Dillon 1200 case trimmer? I've got one and have been trying to get it set up to trim .308, but haven't had good results. I'm getting a lot of variation in length and headspace from one case to the next, enough that one case might pass on a case gauge, while the one sized right after it won't pass inspection. I talked to Dillon and they suggested that likely there is enough play in the tool head of the press to cause a variation in trimming lengths. Their suggestion was to "shim" the tool head to eliminate any movement. :sad20: Sounds pretty Mickey Mouse to me for an expensive piece of equipment. I just wondered if anyone has had luck with one of these trimmers?

I'm wishing I had spent the money for the Giraud trimmer, but I'm stuck with this Dillon for awhile and need to try and make it work. Dillon makes good stuff, but I'm getting the feeling their trimmer doesn't fall into that category.

layusn1

Apr 18, 2008
    I have never had enough variation to cause a pass/fail issue. I use it on a 650. I have heard that putting a die in station1 can even out the shellplate level but I haven't ever had an issue with cases not being squared. All I can say is make sure everything is nice and tight but I'm sure you have done that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom