• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Well, we’ll be touching a few off tomorrow. 300gr at 2500fps, we shall see. I’m not overly concerned, it’s a 10# rifle prior to the optic. It balances very nicely as well. I don’t see it rocking my teeth too badly. So long as I can sit or stand, she’ll be sweet as pie. It’s that bench shooting that will be…unpleasant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Well, we’ll be touching a few off tomorrow. 300gr at 2500fps, we shall see. I’m not overly concerned, it’s a 10# rifle prior to the optic. It balances very nicely as well. I don’t see it rocking my teeth too badly. So long as I can sit or stand, she’ll be sweet as pie. It’s that bench shooting that will be…unpleasant

4,000+ ft-lbs of energy at the muzzle.

[EDIT] Not bad though compared to these: https://www.fieldandstream.com/hardest-kicking-rounds-all-time/

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Great looking rifle. As mentioned in this thread a double rifle, say in 45-70 has always been on my list. I was in the Bel Air indoor range shooting 12 gauge slugs out of my 1887 lever gun thinking I was making the most noise. In walks a man with. Kimber Caprivi in 375 H&H. Holy crap it was loud indoors...rattled my brain!

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Great looking rifle. As mentioned in this thread a double rifle, say in 45-70 has always been on my list. I was in the Bel Air indoor range shooting 12 gauge slugs out of my 1887 lever gun thinking I was making the most noise. In walks a man with. Kimber Caprivi in 375 H&H. Holy crap it was loud indoors...rattled my brain!

No stranger to 45-70. First center fire rifle I bought when I turned 18 was chambered in such. I’d love a double in it as well!

We’ll see how loud this pup is and if an Old English pad is in order

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Before you shoot it

Make sure the stock and forearm are properly tightened. Wood swells and shrinks. There's a lot of 375's out there with cracked stocks.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    That's her! Was afraid it wouldn't have external hammers...looks like Matilda from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Glad I'm broke or that rifle would take me broke, had I the money.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    That's her! Was afraid it wouldn't have external hammers...looks like Matilda from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Glad I'm broke or that rifle would take me broke, had I the money.

Now those exposed hammers have me nervous for a dangerous game rifle. At that $$, you can save a little more and buy a real English on the used at Auction.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Well I’m in trouble….

This rifle is a dream! Balances wonderfully and I am in love with the big push. I hadn’t set out to shoot but a handful of rounds until I realized I had burnt through 17 rounds I had to pause. Haha let’s stop spending money!!

Good news is I have 17 empties to stuff and begin working loads with in the future.

I had zero shoulder fatigue and couldn’t help but laugh. What a gun!

f0c32a0644067b11cc0b473b7162a0c5.jpg

1/2” steel at 100y…like a fricken laser burning right through. Let’s go!

- Brent

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Nice grain, the No. 1 Tropicals have some great grain. glad to hear you shot it
    all the "recoil" talk the 458 No. 1 here kicks less than the 1903A3 I have. As
    You noticed it punches nice holes, shoot a car, a engine block, do it safely though
    makes a great ground hog gun ;);)

-Rock

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Nice grain, the No. 1 Tropicals have some great grain. glad to hear you shot it
    all the "recoil" talk the 458 No. 1 here kicks less than the 1903A3 I have. As
    You noticed it punches nice holes, shoot a car, a engine block, do it safely though
    makes a great ground hog gun ;);)

-Rock

I was thinking I could load it with some shot shells for the carpenter bee’s too

Here I thought 45-70 redefined cover and concealment…well the .375 does that and then some, too!

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Hey you two! And thanks for sharing! I have sixty total hulls, 17 of which are empty now. I’m looking more to empty what I have currently. I’ve been given a pretty awesome opportunity. Our very own “Rock” Rockzilla is going to be my Master Yoda on working up some loads for this rifle. I feel pretty blessed to have that knowledge accessible. We will keep y’all in the loop along the way here in the future.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    What a wallop.
    I have a No 1 (7MM) and love shooting it.
    I attached a file that has good info for rigging/using a 1907
    Maybe the info would be helpful. I see your a lefty, I know every one has their own way of doing things.
    Great video too, weather looks great where your at.

Attachments

• ISRA SR Sling.pdf
      552.1 KB · Views: 86

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    What a wallop.
    I have a No 1 (7MM) and love shooting it.
    I attached a file that has good info for rigging/using a 1907
    Maybe the info would be helpful. I see your a lefty, I know every one has their own way of doing things.
    Great video too, weather looks great where your at.

Hey brother! I truly don’t mind the recoil. It’s not what I thought it was going to be by a long shot. So the 1907 on the No.1 H. That barrel band has me not wanting to truly “sling up” and get that thing frog butt tight. I took some shots really slung in tight and not and noticed a pretty perceivable shift of zero. So I’m trying an M1907-Lite method haha. It’ll all change as I get in a true shooting position (on my two feet).

Weather has been pretty lovely down here in the Charleston area! I’m sorry the ole PRMD is still getting the cold crap though. Come on down!

- Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom