• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    posting this here as well..maybe someone can throw some cards up there.

Went in there today. Nice selection, handguns coming 1/1. Was walking around and over heard this teenager with what looked like his grandpa holding a rifle. The grandfather proceeded to proudly say his grandson knew everything he did about guns from video games. I waited and the guy at the counter said nothing so I intervened.

I asked if he had ever fired a gun before, he said no. I recommended him to IWL here in frederick for nra basic rifle. Explained that guns are NOT like video games and explained that safety was paramount, etc, etc..

One of you instructors should go up and put out some biz cards. The scary part of this was that the guy at the counter said NOTHING to this ridiculousness.

The teenager and grandpa were actually very proud of their "video game" knowledge....as i was leaving I overheard him tell his grandpa that an M4 uses 6.82 x 59 ammo.......

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    My son plays video games also. It's up to me as a parent to educate him about the real life considerations of safety every time we go to the range. We check each other. I encourage him to speak up if I do something unsafe, and I do the same for him. We are both safer. Now about those dumba$$es at the adjoining lane.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom